Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Where is memoize?

Where is memoize?

Michael Neumann

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can download the memoize module written by
Robert Feldt?

BTW, would be a nice addition to RubyGems and RPA, and/or addlib.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Michael

David Ross

Give me time to track him down
I can find it.

----------------------------------
-- David Ross
-- Phone: 865.539.3798
-- Email: drossruby [at] yahoo.com
----------------------------------

--- Michael Neumann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I can download the memoize
> module written by
> Robert Feldt?
>
> BTW, would be a nice addition to RubyGems and RPA,
> and/or addlib.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Robert Feldt

Michael Neumann wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Michael,

> Does anyone know where I can download the memoize module written by
> Robert Feldt?

Hmm, seems that my old employer finally decided to scrap my data; I
should have prepared for the day I guess but on the other hand they
haven't touched it for one and a half year and the email account is
still here...

I'll try to check for some old copy in backup, but it might take some
time cause this is way back...

Regards,

Robert

Michael Neumann

David Ross wrote:
> Give me time to track him down
> I can find it.

Uhm, yeah... too late.... it wrote it myself in 10 minutes

Regards,

Michael

Michael Neumann

Robert Feldt wrote:
> Michael Neumann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

> Hi Michael,
>
>> Does anyone know where I can download the memoize module written by
>> Robert Feldt?
>>

> Hmm, seems that my old employer finally decided to scrap my data; I
> should have prepared for the day I guess but on the other hand they
> haven't touched it for one and a half year and the email account is
> still here...
>
> I'll try to check for some old copy in backup, but it might take some
> time cause this is way back...

Thanks! I guess, it wasn't that much of code anyway. My version is only
15 loc. But I may have forgotten important things in my implementation.

See the bottom of this page:

http://www.ntecs.de/blog/Blog/Perfor...tenSprung.rdoc

Regards,

Michael

David Ross

His pages are completely gone from the university
servers. I might have to call him to get his code. All
code is important. What is important not wether the
code is complete, not what the license is (*I dont
care if it says you can't use the ideas of the
software). Programming in general is about code
evolution.

I will have to call him. I hope he speaks good
English.

----------------------------------
-- Name: David Ross
-- Phone: 865.539.3798
-- Email: drossruby [at] yahoo.com
----------------------------------

--- Michael Neumann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Robert Feldt wrote:
> > Michael Neumann wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>

> > Hi Michael,
> >
> >> Does anyone know where I can download the memoize

> module written by
> >> Robert Feldt?
> >>

> > Hmm, seems that my old employer finally decided to

> scrap my data; I
> > should have prepared for the day I guess but on

> the other hand they
> > haven't touched it for one and a half year and the

> email account is
> > still here...
> >
> > I'll try to check for some old copy in backup, but

> it might take some
> > time cause this is way back...

> Thanks! I guess, it wasn't that much of code anyway.
> My version is only
> 15 loc. But I may have forgotten important things in
> my implementation.
>
> See the bottom of this page:

http://www.ntecs.de/blog/Blog/Perfor...tenSprung.rdoc

> Regards,
>
> Michael

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

David Ross

hahahaahha

Why in the world did you ask then? --David Ross

--- Michael Neumann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> David Ross wrote:
> > Give me time to track him down
> > I can find it.

> Uhm, yeah... too late.... it wrote it myself in 10
> minutes
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

David Ross

Was about to give you a call. I am glad you mailed the
mailing list

----------------------------------

--- Robert Feldt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Michael Neumann wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> Hi Michael,
>
> > Does anyone know where I can download the memoize

> module written by
> > Robert Feldt?
> >

> Hmm, seems that my old employer finally decided to
> scrap my data; I
> should have prepared for the day I guess but on the
> other hand they
> haven't touched it for one and a half year and the
> email account is
> still here...
>
> I'll try to check for some old copy in backup, but
> it might take some
> time cause this is way back...
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Florian Frank

On 2004-08-13 22:16:56 +0900, Robert Feldt wrote:
> Hmm, seems that my old employer finally decided to scrap my data; I
> should have prepared for the day I guess but on the other hand they
> haven't touched it for one and a half year and the email account is
> still here...

I've just found Version 0.1.2 on my harddisk:

http://www.ping.de/~flori/memoize-0-1-2.tar.gz

> I'll try to check for some old copy in backup, but it might take some
> time cause this is way back...

"Only wimps use tape backup: real men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "
-- Linus Torvalds

--
c=gets;s=c[0,2].to_i;x="dsfd;kfoA,.iyewrkldJKDHSUB";puts (1...(c.size/2)).
inject(""){|p,i|p<<(c[2*i,2].to_i(16)^x[(s+=1)&&s-1])}

Michael Neumann

David Ross wrote:
> hahahaahha
>
> Why in the world did you ask then? --David Ross

I wrote the email before switching on my mind Sorry.

No really, I though it was a bit more complicated to write "memoize",
and that there's more involved (probably there are issues I don't know of).

Regards,

Michael