Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Online Ruby interpreter somewhere?

Online Ruby interpreter somewhere?

Michael Neumann

Hi,

I know there's the great www.ruby.ch online interpreter. But is the code
for it somewhere available? I'd like to setup the same, but for Ruby 1.8.

Regards,

Michael

Stefan Schmiedl

Well, we have the Sandbox class in Appendix F of our Ruby book, IIRC.
You *do* have one, Michael, don't you?

s.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 07:06:14 +0900,
Michael Neumann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know there's the great www.ruby.ch online interpreter. But is the code
> for it somewhere available? I'd like to setup the same, but for Ruby 1.8.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

Michael Neumann

Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> Well, we have the Sandbox class in Appendix F of our Ruby book, IIRC.
> You *do* have one, Michael, don't you?

Yes of course

I've tried it, but the @sandboxOutput and @sandboxError variables are
not filled when "puts" etc. is called! Not sure whether the best way is
to repopen STDOUT/STDERR to a temporary file (is it possible to do this
without affecting the host-program?) or whether I should only redefine
"puts" etc.

Okay, in SAFE=4 mode, I should definitly redefine "puts", as the
original puts will not work.

Thanks.

Regards,

Michael