Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Setting up Rails on IIs

Setting up Rails on IIs

KOT

anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck past the
'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how to set
up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

David Heinemeier Hansson

> anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck past
> the
> 'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how to
> set
> up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

What's a "II"? Anyway, the fastest way to get up and running if you're
having problems, and the docs isn't doing it, is to get on the
#rubyonrails channel on FreeNet. Friendly people who love to help
newcomers get on Rails.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.rubyonrails.org/ -- Web-application framework for Ruby

Rando Christensen

David Heinemeier Hansson wrote:

>> anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck past the
>> 'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how to
>> set
>> up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

> What's a "II"?

Microsoft's IIS webserver.

--
Rando Christensen
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Mikael Brockman

David Heinemeier Hansson <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>> anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck
>> past the
>> 'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how
>> to set
>> up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

> What's a "II"? Anyway, the fastest way to get up and running if you're
> having problems, and the docs isn't doing it, is to get on the
> #rubyonrails channel on FreeNet. Friendly people who love to help
> newcomers get on Rails.

You mean FreeNode, I assume. The IRC server is at irc.freenode.org.

mikael

Curt Hibbs

Rando Christensen wrote:

> David Heinemeier Hansson wrote:
>
> >> anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much

> luck past the
> >> 'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how to
> >> set
> >> up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

> > What's a "II"?

> Microsoft's IIS webserver.

For those who care, it Microsoft's Internet Information Server.

Curt

David Heinemeier Hansson

>>> anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck
>>> past the
>>> 'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how
>>> to set
>>> up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

>> What's a "II"?

> Microsoft's IIS webserver.

Ahh. I'm not used to Microsoft slang. Apologies.

Rails should work fine in both CGI and FCGI modes on MS. But I wouldn't
really know. Most people seem to prefer either Apache or WEBrick. Even
on Windows.