Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Fire OnServerValidate Method When No Value Exists in Textbox

Fire OnServerValidate Method When No Value Exists in Textbox

Rigs

Hi,

I have a textbox (txt1) with a Custom Validator (cv1) on a web form.
The problem is that cv1's OnServerValidate method only fires when text
exists in the textbox that cv1 is assigned to validate, and the user
clicks the submit button. I'd like to have cv1's OnServerValidate
method fire whenever the submit button is clicked on.

Can anyone offer an explanation why this occurs and how I can have
that method fire whenever the submit button is clicked? Please help!

Thanks,
-Rigs

CustomValidator ClientValidationFunction OnServerValidate Confusion labogart@hotmail.com ASP .Net 0 11-18-2009 04:47 PM
OnServerValidate not firing for custom validator prady ASP .Net Web Controls 0 03-12-2007 06:53 PM
Custom Validator Only Fires OnServerValidate When Data Exists Rigs ASP .Net 10 11-17-2006 08:02 AM
OnServerValidate Mike P ASP .Net 3 10-23-2003 02:12 PM
Question about OnServerValidate jm ASP .Net 3 10-16-2003 09:10 PM

Advertisments