Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby Net::LDAP and ASN.1 Support

Ruby Net::LDAP and ASN.1 Support

Austin Ziegler

I am trying to catch up on a number of my neglected Ruby projects --
Ruwiki being the first and foremost -- and one of the projects that I
have (but have done almost nothing with) is Ruby Net::LDAP, an attempt
to port Perl's Net::LDAP to Ruby. While I have no doubt that I can do
this -- I am getty pretty good at porting some pretty obscure Perl
code to Ruby -- it is something where I could use some help
(especially as I pick up Ruwiki and PDF::Writer again), and would even
be willing to hand over the RubyForge project to a capable maintainer
so long as the project's goal (a *pure Ruby* LDAP interface) is met.

The first thing that would help -- and the main thing that slowed me
down from working on it months ago -- is the ASN.1 requirements.
Skimming over ruby-talk recently, I think that I noticed that there is
something (OpenSSL?) that supports at least partial ASN.1
interpretation. Is this the case? Does someone have such a library
that can be used to give Net::LDAP a good kick in the complacency?

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
* Alternate: (E-Mail Removed)