Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Wiki engine used by Ruby Wiki?

Wiki engine used by Ruby Wiki?

Robert Oschler

What is the Wiki engine used by the ruby garden wiki:

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby

Is it available for download and use by others? If so, link please.

Thanks.
--
Robert

Chad Fowler

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:43:23 +0900, Robert Oschler
<no_replies@fake_email_address.invalid> wrote:

> What is the Wiki engine used by the ruby garden wiki:
>
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby
>
> Is it available for download and use by others? If so, link please.

http://www.usemod.com

It's in Perl, unfortunately. Anyone want to help add search and
change history to RuWiki?

Chad

Austin Ziegler

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:59:55 +0900, Chad Fowler wrote:
>> What is the Wiki engine used by the ruby garden wiki:

>> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby

>> Is it available for download and use by others? If so, link please.

> http://www.usemod.com

> It's in Perl, unfortunately. Anyone want to help add search and change
> history to RuWiki?

Change history is on its way -- I can't give a target, because I just
started refactoring the new diff code to be a bit more Ruby-ish rather
than Perl-ish, and it's somewhat taken on a life of its own. I'm out of
town this weekend, so perhaps a release of that (a standalone project,
too!) will happen early next week. Ruwiki can follow after that, because
the page format is changing (dramatically) for Ruwiki 0.8; after that, if
people want to help, the page format will be stable and extensible. (One
of the features that I thought would be neat are "image-pages"; that is,
Ruwiki topic pages that are essentially just JPG, GIF, or PNG images. This
will be possible, at least in theory, with the new page format.)

-austin
--
austin ziegler * http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 23.17.56

Erik Veenstra

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:41:51 -0400, Robert Oschler wrote:

> What is the Wiki engine used by the ruby garden wiki:
>
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby
>
> Is it available for download and use by others? If so, link
> please.

HomePage/NotesAboutThisSite/ThisWiki leads to:

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ThisWiki

Just two clicks from the main page... You could have seen the
answer after just one click...

gegroet,
Erik V.