Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > TLS support in Net::IMAP?

TLS support in Net::IMAP?

Carl Youngblood

Please forgive me for my ignorance but I'm interested in writing a
ruby script to connect to an IMAP server that requires an encrypted
TLS connection. Is this very easy to do in ruby given the present
state of the built-in libraries? Is it as simple as setting an
encrypt flag in the Net::IMAP module? Or is it much more involved? I
just got a Google Gmail account and I want to write a script that will
take all my IMAP messages and export them to my Gmail account.

Thanks,

Carl Youngblood