Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > URGENT - RequiredFieldValidator not working after deployment -

URGENT - RequiredFieldValidator not working after deployment -

Roni Burd

Hi!, I'm having a strange issue while deploying a web site with Validator
controls.
In my development machine the Validators function perfecly and also when I
deploy using XCOPY to a web server.
The problem seems to arrise when I decided to change the root folder of the
web page in IIS to point to a different directory. In this case the
validators stop working (although the page continues to work)

To be more precise these are the directories:

The folder configuration is the following

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\siteName\application

The page is working when in IIS home directory I set it to point to
\siteName and I browse to page using http://mysite/application/

When I point the IIS home directory straight to \siteName\application (and
browse directly using http://mysite/ ) Validators stop working.

What could the problem be? What am I missing or what parameters I need to
configure (that forgot probably) in IIS to make the Validators control work
again?

Thank you and sorry for the cross posting...I have to go live tomorrow!

Rick Spiewak

Is the "different" directory configured as an application in IIS?

"Roni Burd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!, I'm having a strange issue while deploying a web site with Validator
> controls.
> In my development machine the Validators function perfecly and also when I
> deploy using XCOPY to a web server.
> The problem seems to arrise when I decided to change the root folder of

the
> web page in IIS to point to a different directory. In this case the
> validators stop working (although the page continues to work)
>
> To be more precise these are the directories:
>
> The folder configuration is the following
>
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\siteName\application
>
> The page is working when in IIS home directory I set it to point to
> \siteName and I browse to page using http://mysite/application/
>
> When I point the IIS home directory straight to \siteName\application (and
> browse directly using http://mysite/ ) Validators stop working.
>

> What could the problem be? What am I missing or what parameters I need to
> configure (that forgot probably) in IIS to make the Validators control

work
> again?
>
> Thank you and sorry for the cross posting...I have to go live tomorrow!

Roni Burd

No, I forgot to set the new directory as an application but unfortunatly not
even after setting it did it work.
Maybe, I missing something else...

"Rick Spiewak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OLZj9N$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is the "different" directory configured as an application in IIS?
>
> "Roni Burd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi!, I'm having a strange issue while deploying a web site with

Validator
> > controls.
> > In my development machine the Validators function perfecly and also when

> > deploy using XCOPY to a web server.
> > The problem seems to arrise when I decided to change the root folder of

> the
> > web page in IIS to point to a different directory. In this case the
> > validators stop working (although the page continues to work)
> >
> > To be more precise these are the directories:
> >
> > The folder configuration is the following
> >
> > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\siteName\application
> >
> > The page is working when in IIS home directory I set it to point to
> > \siteName and I browse to page using http://mysite/application/
> >
> > When I point the IIS home directory straight to \siteName\application

(and
> > browse directly using http://mysite/ ) Validators stop working.
> >

> > What could the problem be? What am I missing or what parameters I need

> > configure (that forgot probably) in IIS to make the Validators control

> work
> > again?
> >
> > Thank you and sorry for the cross posting...I have to go live tomorrow!

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Are the files able to locate and use the WebUIValidation.js ASP.NET scripts?

These are usually in

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_43 22

"Roni Burd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> No, I forgot to set the new directory as an application but unfortunatly
> not
> even after setting it did it work.
> Maybe, I missing something else...
>
> "Rick Spiewak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OLZj9N$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is the "different" directory configured as an application in IIS?
>>
>> "Roni Burd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi!, I'm having a strange issue while deploying a web site with

> Validator
>> > controls.
>> > In my development machine the Validators function perfecly and also
>> > when

>> > deploy using XCOPY to a web server.
>> > The problem seems to arrise when I decided to change the root folder of

>> the
>> > web page in IIS to point to a different directory. In this case the
>> > validators stop working (although the page continues to work)
>> >
>> > To be more precise these are the directories:
>> >
>> > The folder configuration is the following
>> >
>> > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\siteName\application
>> >
>> > The page is working when in IIS home directory I set it to point to
>> > \siteName and I browse to page using http://mysite/application/
>> >
>> > When I point the IIS home directory straight to \siteName\application

> (and
>> > browse directly using http://mysite/ ) Validators stop working.
>> >

>> > What could the problem be? What am I missing or what parameters I need

>> > configure (that forgot probably) in IIS to make the Validators control

>> work
>> > again?
>> >
>> > Thank you and sorry for the cross posting...I have to go live tomorrow!

Jim Corey

I have a similar problem. I'm using regular expression validators and
found they don't work when I upload the dll
and the acsx file that contains them to my hosted site.

My only idea up to now was that I was developing with
framework 1.0 and the hosting site has 1.1.

What would prevent the app from finding or using the
WebUIValidation.js ASP.NET scripts?

Jim

Rick Spiewak

They may be in the wrong place on the host. I found that with my hosting
service had that problem. I now have 2 copies, under:
/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322_0/
/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/

"Jim Corey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a similar problem. I'm using regular expression validators and
> found they don't work when I upload the dll
> and the acsx file that contains them to my hosted site.
>
> My only idea up to now was that I was developing with
> framework 1.0 and the hosting site has 1.1.
>
> What would prevent the app from finding or using the
> WebUIValidation.js ASP.NET scripts?
>
> Jim

Roni Burd

Thank you people. It was an issue with the application not finding the .js
files

With all the frenzi I didn't had time to thank you!.