Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Any way to get Mozilla open WMP with mp3-files?

Any way to get Mozilla open WMP with mp3-files?

Jarmo

I installed Quicktime, and it screwed up also IE that way, but disassociated
Windows Media Player, and associated it again, and now when i paste an
mp3-link as an URL in IE, it opens WMP.
Only a minor problem, but would be nice to be able to use that feature too
in Mozilla, but it opens Quicktime and it is not possible to save there
later.
Jarmo

Ed Mullen

Jarmo wrote:

> I installed Quicktime, and it screwed up also IE that way, but disassociated
> Windows Media Player, and associated it again, and now when i paste an
> mp3-link as an URL in IE, it opens WMP.
> Only a minor problem, but would be nice to be able to use that feature too
> in Mozilla, but it opens Quicktime and it is not possible to save there
> later.
> Jarmo

In Windows Explorer do: Tools - Folder Options. Click the File Types
tab. Scroll down and find MP3, click once, click Change. Point Windows
to Media Player.

You may also have to go into Mozilla, Edit - Preferences - Navigator -
Helper Applications and see if the MIME type exists. Look for
audio/mpeg and audio/x-mpeg and edit them accordingly.

--
Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
http://edmullen.net

triggereing wmp to open richard HTML 25 11-15-2008 11:03 PM
SOLVED - can't open file in windows media player / WMP. But can in VLC - video LAN .. Now can in WMP jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk Computer Information 2 09-19-2007 02:53 AM
Want to replace WMP 10 visualizations with ones from Wmp 8/9 blnstr Computer Support 1 12-08-2006 04:43 AM