Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > SciTE Ruby Lexer (Update)

SciTE Ruby Lexer (Update)

Kaspar Schiess

gabriele renzi

il Sun, 2 May 2004 21:17:06 +0900, Kaspar Schiess <(E-Mail Removed)> ha
scritto::

>Hello all,
>
>An updated version of the Ruby Lexer in SciTE is now available from my
>site http://www.tua.ch/ruby/current.html (Only source and win32 build,
>sorry unix folks). Changes include:

nice, thanks for this

>- - Multiline strings handled correctly
>- - Interpolation is handled using a stack of 2000 elements
>- - constants, identifiers, class variables, instance variables and
>messages have their own color
>- - no more python stuff (like the string u"test" that has nothing to do
>with Ruby).
>- - the 'include' keyword added to ruby.properties

well, I believe include is not a keyword, just a method. I wonder if
keywordish methods like private/protected/attr*/include should be
handled like methods or keywords.

Robert

Kaspar Schiess wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> An updated version of the Ruby Lexer in SciTE is now available from my
> site http://www.tua.ch/ruby/current.html (Only source and win32 build,
> sorry unix folks). Changes include:
>
> - - Multiline strings handled correctly
> - - Interpolation is handled using a stack of 2000 elements
> - - constants, identifiers, class variables, instance variables and
> messages have their own color
> - - no more python stuff (like the string u"test" that has nothing to do
> with Ruby).
> - - the 'include' keyword added to ruby.properties
> - - renaming of old color properties
> - - colorful interface (change in ruby.properties)
> - - some more.
>
> Folding is next.
>
> I would gladly receive your thoughts about these changes. See also the
> documentation on www.scintilla.org and/or the scite-interest list for
> further help/information.
>
> kaspar

I hope that you send your changes to Neil so that he could include it in
the official build.

Kaspar Schiess

Python as default Lexer in SciTE egbert Python 0 11-12-2006 10:20 AM
A Compiler Quality Ruby Lexer in Ruby Peter Suk Ruby 2 04-18-2005 05:56 PM
SciTE lexer Robert Ruby 3 10-28-2004 08:03 AM
scite variable for current lexer (markup) Thorsten Claus Python 1 07-24-2004 09:26 PM
SciTE Ruby Lexer Kaspar Schiess Ruby 8 05-01-2004 11:50 PM

Advertisments