Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Why 2 browsers?

Why 2 browsers?

Indigo Moon Man

Why is Mozilla developing 2 browers? Is everything going to eventually be
Firebird? Should I have both browsers? Thanks!

--
Audio Bible Online:
http://www.audio-bible.com/

Hellmark

Indigo Moon Man's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
his body were:
> Why is Mozilla developing 2 browers? Is everything going to eventually be
> Firebird? Should I have both browsers? Thanks!

The original plan was to have Firebird replace Seamonkey. No, you don't
need both

--
Hellmark
-If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!

Keith Bowes

Indigo Moon Man wrote:
> Why is Mozilla developing 2 browers? Is everything going to eventually be
> Firebird?

Yes. <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap.html#a-new-roadmap>. But with
the fanbase of the suite (myself included), it won't be going away
anytime soon.

> Should I have both browsers?

You should try both and see which you like more. The majority of the
developer's seem to like Firebird better (though it's hard to say if
that's due to product superiority or coding simplicity), but many users
like the venerable suite-based Mozilla better.