Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Accessing the Login Information on SPS via ASP .net

Accessing the Login Information on SPS via ASP .net

=?Utf-8?B?UmFuamFuIGFzIHVzdWFs?=

Dear folks,
I'm building an ASP .net page and integrating it into my share point portal server 2003 using a webpage viewing webpart. What I need to do is, when the user logs in, I need to be able to capture the log in information and then find a value called 'row id' based on this log on information. This row id, will then be used to look up his information on our sql server. I can fix the second part of the problem, however the first part is something I have no clue yet. So basically , I need to know a way to find out the log in information , where it is basically stored(and if there are permissions that I'll have to overcome) and how to use it in my program. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Ranjan

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

The asp.net server variables collection will contain most of what you can
get access to in relation to the remote user, basically the authenticated
user name. You'll then need to use that to do your lookup.
--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft Regional Director
Microsoft MVP

"Ranjan as usual" <Ranjan as http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear folks,
> I'm building an ASP .net page and integrating it into my share point

portal server 2003 using a webpage viewing webpart. What I need to do is,
when the user logs in, I need to be able to capture the log in information
and then find a value called 'row id' based on this log on information. This
row id, will then be used to look up his information on our sql server. I
can fix the second part of the problem, however the first part is something
I have no clue yet. So basically , I need to know a way to find out the log
in information , where it is basically stored(and if there are permissions
that I'll have to overcome) and how to use it in my program. Any pointers
would be greatly appreciated.

> cheers,
>
> Ranjan

Accessing XMLDocument using SPS PageViewer Control =?Utf-8?B?QmFyZW4=?= ASP .Net 0 01-05-2007 02:13 AM
Asp.net app under SPS John ASP .Net 0 06-20-2006 11:58 AM
2.0 : config GridView to use SPs ? John A Grandy ASP .Net 5 02-20-2006 12:23 AM
SPS SPSTEL hoax? manbo UK VOIP 0 02-02-2006 08:54 PM
debugging SPs in VS.NET G Dean Blake ASP .Net 2 02-02-2005 01:50 AM

Advertisments