Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: account aspnet access to sql server?

Re: account aspnet access to sql server?

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

read this first http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317012

you can run your ASP.NET with a domain user, and your
SQL server would have that domain user in its users list,
this way you can easily access sql with integrated sec.

its good to understand "enabling impersonation" correctly in
that kb article. you should have impersonation disabled to use
above example.

--
Hope this helps,
Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD

"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to get the ASPNET account to be able to access a SQL Server

database (on another box). Can anyone give me any pointers please, as I'm
struggling to get to grips with the aspnet account.

> Am I correct in thinking that if NT user X logs onto the (intranet) page,

and the site is using windows authentication, that the aspnet account will
actually be the one accessing the database? I really don't want to start
adding each users login.

> If it helps, the connection string is basically "Server=myserver;

Database=mydatabase; Integrated Security=SSPI;"

> Many thanks in advance for any feedback

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

> I really don't want to start adding each users login.

if you enable impersonation, and connect using integrated
security, then you'd have to add your web users to sql server.

--
Hope this helps,
Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...