Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > dBase files with ruby ?

dBase files with ruby ?

Alain.Feler

Hello,

I would like to create, load, read dBase files with ruby.

I probably could do it with an ODBC module like
http://www.ch-werner.de/rubyodbc/
but maybe there is a more straightforward way around.

I saw that there are such modules for Python and Perl, but I am
reluctant to switch to them, even if I know so few of ruby, feeling ruby
much more attractive (cleaner, unobstrusive, more "polite") while not nearly
as well supported... at least in english (or french, by the way).

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Alain FELER