Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > a benchmark suite for the interpreter ?

a benchmark suite for the interpreter ?

gabriele renzi

Hi gurus and nubys,

from time to time various benchmarks reguarding performance
of various progrmming languages came up.
but I believe the real interesting one would be that of ruby vs ruby.

Comparing, say, 1.8 vs 1.8.1 or 1.8.1 compiled with intel compiler or
with gcc -O3 or evrytinh else..

A little program that outputted, say, method invocation per second,
object creation timings and so on..

So I wonder: is there something like this for ruby?

PS
sorry, I have that strange feeling of having asked this once ago.. but
I can't say this for sure, so pardon me if I already asked

Robert Klemme

"gabriele renzi" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi gurus and nubys,
>
> from time to time various benchmarks reguarding performance
> of various progrmming languages came up.
> but I believe the real interesting one would be that of ruby vs ruby.
>
> Comparing, say, 1.8 vs 1.8.1 or 1.8.1 compiled with intel compiler or
> with gcc -O3 or evrytinh else..
>
> A little program that outputted, say, method invocation per second,
> object creation timings and so on..
>
> So I wonder: is there something like this for ruby?

If there isn't, you can easily create a benchmark for the data you are
interested in using module benchmark.

Regards

robert