Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > mozilla won't work

mozilla won't work

Gillian Lyons

I'm new to Mozilla, so please forgive my ignorance. I have Netscape 6.2 and
it was working properly. My son downloaded Mozilla without my knowledge, so
I don't know exactly what he did, but Mozilla will not work, and neither
will Netscape. There is no error message. The screen comes up to select
user profile and then when I choose "start Mozilla" nothing happens and it's
the same for Netscape. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it saved
all the previous settings and still doesn't work. I would appreciate any
help on this matter.

- Gillian Lyons

ho alexandre

Gillian Lyons wrote:
> I would appreciate any help on this matter.

the FAQ is helpful, even if it is old.

http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/faq....html#netscape

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/

Robert Jennings

On 9/28/03 4:55 PM, in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), "Gillian
Lyons" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm new to Mozilla, so please forgive my ignorance. I have Netscape 6.2 and
> it was working properly. My son downloaded Mozilla without my knowledge, so
> I don't know exactly what he did, but Mozilla will not work, and neither
> will Netscape. There is no error message. The screen comes up to select
> user profile and then when I choose "start Mozilla" nothing happens and it's
> the same for Netscape. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it saved
> all the previous settings and still doesn't work. I would appreciate any
> help on this matter.
>
> - Gillian Lyons

Sounds like he dumped the preferemces.

Leonidas Jones

Robert Jennings wrote:

> On 9/28/03 4:55 PM, in article (E-Mail Removed), "Gillian
> Lyons" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I'm new to Mozilla, so please forgive my ignorance. I have Netscape 6.2 and
>>it was working properly. My son downloaded Mozilla without my knowledge, so
>>I don't know exactly what he did, but Mozilla will not work, and neither
>>will Netscape. There is no error message. The screen comes up to select
>>user profile and then when I choose "start Mozilla" nothing happens and it's
>>the same for Netscape. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it saved
>>all the previous settings and still doesn't work. I would appreciate any
>>help on this matter.
>>
>>- Gillian Lyons
>>

> Sounds like he dumped the preferemces.

Sounds more like trying to use the 6.2 profile in a newer Mozilla. Try
opening Profile manager, create a new profile.

Lee