Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > mysql-ruby troubles

Reply
Thread Tools

mysql-ruby troubles

 
 
Armin Preis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2004
Hi!

When installing mysql-ruby-2.5.4 on Mandrake 9.2.

ruby extconf.rb
brings up the following messages:

----
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lm... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lz... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lsocket... no
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lnsl... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
----

and no makefile is created.

Installed versions (RPM packages):
Ruby-1.6.8
Mysql-4.0.11a


Can anyone tell me, what's the problem here and what I can do?
Thanks a lot.

Armin

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
nobu.nokada@softhome.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2004
Hi,

At Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:40:03 +0900,
Armin Preis wrote:
> and no makefile is created.
>
> Installed versions (RPM packages):
> Ruby-1.6.8
> Mysql-4.0.11a


Does that Mysql package contain headers and libraries? Aren't
they separated into devel package?

--
Nobu Nakada


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Armin Preis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2004
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> [...]
>
> Does that Mysql package contain headers and libraries? Aren't
> they separated into devel package?
>


Mysql is seperated into the following RPM packages on my system:

MySQL-4.0.11a-5mdk.rmp
MySQL-bench_4.0.11a-5mkd.rpm
MySQL-client4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm
MySQL-common-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm

I'm rather new to linux, so can you give me any hints what to do?

Armin


 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Nathan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
Armin Preis said:
> MySQL-4.0.11a-5mdk.rmp
> MySQL-bench_4.0.11a-5mkd.rpm
> MySQL-client4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm
> MySQL-common-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm


You'll probably need the `libmysql-devel' package.

Andre


 
Reply With Quote
 
nobu.nokada@softhome.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
Hi,

At Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:15:03 +0900,
Armin Preis wrote:
> > Does that Mysql package contain headers and libraries? Aren't
> > they separated into devel package?
> >

>
> Mysql is seperated into the following RPM packages on my system:
>
> MySQL-4.0.11a-5mdk.rmp
> MySQL-bench_4.0.11a-5mkd.rpm
> MySQL-client4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm
> MySQL-common-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm
>
> I'm rather new to linux, so can you give me any hints what to do?


I guess what you need may be MySQL-devel-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm or
similar.

Check:

$ rpm -ql MySQL MySQL-client MySQL-common | grep -e '\.h$' -e '\.so$'

--
Nobu Nakada


 
Reply With Quote
 
Armin Preis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:15:03 +0900,
> Armin Preis wrote:
>
>>>Does that Mysql package contain headers and libraries? Aren't
>>>they separated into devel package?
>>>

>>
>>Mysql is seperated into the following RPM packages on my system:
>>
>>MySQL-4.0.11a-5mdk.rmp
>>MySQL-bench_4.0.11a-5mkd.rpm
>>MySQL-client4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm
>>MySQL-common-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm
>>
>>I'm rather new to linux, so can you give me any hints what to do?

>
>
> I guess what you need may be MySQL-devel-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm or
> similar.
>
> Check:
>
> $ rpm -ql MySQL MySQL-client MySQL-common | grep -e '\.h$' -e '\.so$'
>



$ rpm -ql MySQL MySQL-client MySQL-common | grep -e '\.h$' -e '\.so$'

This returns nothing.

But MySQL-4.0.11a-5mdk.rmp contains the mysql devel.
And mysql itself is working fine.

 
Reply With Quote
 
nobu.nokada@softhome.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
Hi,

At Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:25:02 +0900,
Armin Preis wrote:
> $ rpm -ql MySQL MySQL-client MySQL-common | grep -e '\.h$' -e '\.so$'
>
> This returns nothing.


Then, you haven't installed packages for development with
MySQL. See Andre's [ruby-talk:90145].

--
Nobu Nakada


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wireless troubles =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueSBM?= Wireless Networking 4 11-03-2005 04:45 PM
Home Network Troubles using Windows XP Network Setup Wizard =?Utf-8?B?RHJlZA==?= Wireless Networking 6 08-05-2005 02:06 PM
Newsgroup password troubles Tony Raven Firefox 11 07-17-2004 07:34 AM
skin troubles sport0boy@netscape.net Firefox 0 12-29-2003 04:11 PM
Mozilla Mail troubles (newbie) Orlando Firefox 0 10-31-2003 01:44 PM



Advertisments