Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Forum Software

Forum Software

Dwayne Smurdon

I just launched a site for melanoma (http://www.melanomaonline.com) and I
was wondering if there is any discussions forum software written in Ruby.

I am running Snitz forums, but curious if there is something done in Ruby.

- Dwayne Smurdon

Andreas Schwarz

Dwayne Smurdon wrote:
> I just launched a site for melanoma (http://www.melanomaonline.com) and I
> was wondering if there is any discussions forum software written in Ruby.

I am currently developing a new forum for www.mikrocontroller.net. The
planned features are: full NNTP access, optional (!) registration,
subject- and sender-based scoring, optional threading (in later
versions); there will be no avatar pictures, smilies, [phpbb] formatting
Tags or anything else like this. It is using mysql with a nested set
data structure and will work with CGI, Fastcgi and mod_ruby.

I hope I will be able to release a beta or alpha version within a few
weeks.