Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [Win32] how to set a system-tray-icon with ruby?

[Win32] how to set a system-tray-icon with ruby?

torsten

hi!

i am using ruby-1.8.0 on win32 with fxruby and tk. (installed with the
ruby-installer)
i want to set a system-tray-icon via ruby with fxruby and/or win32-api.
i searched the internet but i didn't found a way to do this. (because i
never used the win32-api before and i am not sure if i really need it)
so my question is: how can i set a tray-icon (optional with a
right-click-menue) with ruby and fxruby or win32-api?

thank you!

__
torsten

Emmanuel Touzery

torsten wrote:

>hi!
>
>i am using ruby-1.8.0 on win32 with fxruby and tk. (installed with the
>ruby-installer)
>i want to set a system-tray-icon via ruby with fxruby and/or win32-api.
>i searched the internet but i didn't found a way to do this. (because i
>never used the win32-api before and i am not sure if i really need it)
>so my question is: how can i set a tray-icon (optional with a
>right-click-menue) with ruby and fxruby or win32-api?
>
>thank you!

a google search found:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...uby-talk/81340

also, wxwindows supports system tray stuff (but i only ever looked at
wx/c++, and a while back).

emmanuel