Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Padding between textboxes

Reply
Thread Tools

Padding between textboxes

 
 
Becker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2004
I want two asp:texbox controls to be exactly right beside one another with
no padding or spacing between them. I am really struggling how to make this
happen. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
avnrao
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2004
put them in HTML table.

Av.
"Becker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23hu3g$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want two asp:texbox controls to be exactly right beside one another with
> no padding or spacing between them. I am really struggling how to make
> this
> happen. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Becker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2004
Thanks, that worked. I also noticed that if I want my page to be static even
with respect to placement of items in table, I had to put a table width,
otherwise it appears to default table to page size!

Thanks,
Ben

"Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ben,
>
> Make an html table and put the textboxes into adjacent cells. Align the

left
> one to right and the right one to left. Set padding to 0.
>
> Eliyahu
>
> "Becker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23hu3g$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I want two asp:texbox controls to be exactly right beside one another

with
> > no padding or spacing between them. I am really struggling how to make

> this
> > happen. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ben
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Eliyahu Goldin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2004
Ben,

Make an html table and put the textboxes into adjacent cells. Align the left
one to right and the right one to left. Set padding to 0.

Eliyahu

"Becker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23hu3g$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want two asp:texbox controls to be exactly right beside one another with
> no padding or spacing between them. I am really struggling how to make

this
> happen. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Eliyahu Goldin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2004
Ben,

You can fix the table width if it is what you want. I personally prefer
resizable elements. I think it's a good style to resize textboxes when the
page resizes, users often resize pages just to see more text in the textbox.
You can achieve nice textbox resizing by setting textbox width to percentage
of the cell width.

Eliyahu

"Becker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, that worked. I also noticed that if I want my page to be static

even
> with respect to placement of items in table, I had to put a table width,
> otherwise it appears to default table to page size!
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
> "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ben,
> >
> > Make an html table and put the textboxes into adjacent cells. Align the

> left
> > one to right and the right one to left. Set padding to 0.
> >
> > Eliyahu
> >
> > "Becker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%23hu3g$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I want two asp:texbox controls to be exactly right beside one another

> with
> > > no padding or spacing between them. I am really struggling how to

make
> > this
> > > happen. Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ben
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Validate between 2 textboxes light of mind. heavy of belly ASP .Net 5 06-03-2006 04:28 PM
padding between variables in a structure junky_fellow@yahoo.co.in C Programming 6 05-18-2005 08:06 AM
padding left-justified string fields Dave Perl 7 07-22-2004 09:55 AM
Transfer / copy data between textboxes Řyvind Isaksen Javascript 2 06-03-2004 12:29 PM
How to align table with some left padding? RA ASP .Net 1 02-19-2004 06:25 PM



Advertisments