Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > ruby 1.8 for Zaurus?

ruby 1.8 for Zaurus?

Rasputin

Hi theere, I have ruby 1.6 for my Zaurus, and it rocks!

Just wondered if anyone had built a newer copy since 1.8 came out?
I'd do it myself but I'd have to install Linux to do it, and all
my boxes are belong to BSD.....

Thanks!

--
A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
-- Ogden Nash

Raphael Bauduin

Rasputin wrote:
> Hi theere, I have ruby 1.6 for my Zaurus, and it rocks!

What do you develop with it? Graphical apps? Is it with Opie?
I just reflashed my zaurus this WE after it stayed in the dust some time....

> Just wondered if anyone had built a newer copy since 1.8 came out?
> I'd do it myself but I'd have to install Linux to do it, and all
> my boxes are belong to BSD.....

I can't help you on that, though I would gladly use it too

Raph

> Thanks!

Rasputin

* Raphael Bauduin <(E-Mail Removed)> [1239 14:39]:
> Rasputin wrote:
> >Hi theere, I have ruby 1.6 for my Zaurus, and it rocks!

> What do you develop with it? Graphical apps? Is it with Opie?
> I just reflashed my zaurus this WE after it stayed in the dust some time....

So far, just 'hello world'
But I wanted to do some druby stuff .

I havent tried GUI stuff, I expect you'd need source for things like Qt
to get those bindings working.

I run Openzaurus 3.2.

The ipk is from here if you want it:

http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/showdetail.php?app=856

--
Ingrate, n.:
A man who bites the hand that feeds him, and then complains of