Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Tk emergency

Tk emergency

Carl Youngblood

I'm trying to code up a quick app with an urgent deadline and I'm having
trouble with a TkListbox. I have two listboxes in my app, and whenever
I make a selection in one of them, the one that lost focus loses its
selection. I need them to keep their selections even when they lose
focus. There has to be a simple way to do this, but I'm new to Tk and
don't know how to do it.

Thanks for the help.

Carl Youngblood

Mike Hall

Carl Youngblood wrote:

>I'm trying to code up a quick app with an urgent deadline and I'm having
>trouble with a TkListbox. I have two listboxes in my app, and whenever
>I make a selection in one of them, the one that lost focus loses its
>selection. I need them to keep their selections even when they lose
>focus.

This might help, from the standard Tk documentation:

Command-Line Name: -exportselectionDatabase Name: exportSelectionDatabase Class: ExportSelectionSpecifies whether or not a selection in the widget should also be the X selection. The value may have any of the forms accepted by Tcl_GetBoolean, such as true, false, 0, 1, yes, or no. If the selection is exported, then selecting in the widget deselects the current X selection, selecting outside the widget deselects any widget selection, and the widget will respond to selection retrieval requests when it has a selection. The default is usually for widgets to export selections.

Emergency Repair disk server 2000 and 2003 Jesus Alvarado !! MCSE 2 07-28-2005 04:28 PM
emergency services O.A. MCSE 15 08-15-2004 05:46 PM
Using Datalist Emergency =?Utf-8?B?bWFoc2E=?= ASP .Net 0 06-23-2004 02:58 AM
Emergency javax.print question ---- who can help me?? thank in advance. Ken Java 1 01-26-2004 05:41 PM
Help 1.1 Framework problem on client site Emergency Gerald Klein ASP .Net 0 08-06-2003 06:53 PM

Advertisments