Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > stdlib doc - rd2

stdlib doc - rd2

Ara.T.Howard

rubyists-

so, it seems that all the docs in ruby-1.8.0 are in rd format. fine with me.
has anyone got a script out there to generate docs for all the dist files, not
that it will be too hard but... i suppose a bettter question is: are the docs
downloadable anywhere?

if ruby is shipping with rd formatted docs - why not include rd2 (or similar)
with all dists?

i'm poking around in /usr/local/ruby and my windows dist, but no seeing
anything obvious...

-a
====================================
| Ara Howard
| NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory
| Information and Technology Services
| Data Systems Group
| R/FST 325 Broadway
| Boulder, CO 80305-3328
| Email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
| Phone: 303-497-7238
| Fax: 303-497-7259
| The difference between art and science is that science is what we understand
| well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else.
| -- Donald Knuth, "Discover"
| ~ > /bin/sh -c 'for lang in ruby perl; do $lang -e "print \"\x3a\x2d\x29\x0a\""; done'
====================================

Gavin Sinclair

On Monday, October 6, 2003, 1:38:10 AM, Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> rubyists-

> so, it seems that all the docs in ruby-1.8.0 are in rd format. fine with me.
> has anyone got a script out there to generate docs for all the dist files, not
> that it will be too hard but... i suppose a bettter question is: are the docs
> downloadable anywhere?

If you're talking about the documentation for library files, then it's
a mix. Some are in RD format, some are in RDoc format, and some are
not documented. A couple of us are trying to get them all into RDoc
format.

We've done enough of them now that it's worth pausing to make them
downloadable. That's what the recently-created stdlib-doc project is
for. There's nothing in the CVS at the moment, but if anyone wants to
help generate a web page that contains all the available
documentation, I'd really appreciate it.

What I'm aiming for is a web page that looks like a normal RDoc
webpage, except that there's an extra frame on the left side that
lists all the packages (benchmark, cgi, complex, csv, ...). When you
click one of those, the rest of the page shows the RDoc for that
package.

Also, there should be a "Conslidated" link that shows RDoc for all
packages combined.

When I get the project infrastructure set up, I'll put a task to this
effect on RubyForge and hope someone bites.

> [...]

Cheers,
Gavin

Ara.T.Howard

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

gavin-

i am slammed for the next month - but if there are specifice things i could
contribute to this end, i would like to.

-a

====================================
| Ara Howard
| NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory
| Information and Technology Services
| Data Systems Group
| R/FST 325 Broadway
| Boulder, CO 80305-3328
| Email: (E-Mail Removed)
| Phone: 303-497-7238
| Fax: 303-497-7259
| The difference between art and science is that science is what we understand
| well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else.
| -- Donald Knuth, "Discover"
| ~ > /bin/sh -c 'for lang in ruby perl; do $lang -e "print \"\x3a\x2d\x29\x0a\""; done'

stdlib doc for logger.findCaller() needs update. jitudon@hotmail.com Python 4 05-25-2007 06:42 PM
String[] files = {"a.doc, b.doc"}; VERSUS String[] files = new String[] {"a.doc, b.doc"}; Matt Java 3 09-17-2004 10:28 PM
rd2.exe for Win32 Berger, Daniel Ruby 1 10-01-2003 12:42 PM
Converting a org.jdom DOC to org.w3c DOC Praveen Chhangani XML 2 08-07-2003 08:22 AM
Parsing MS Word client doc into server-side doc... John Wallace ASP .Net 0 07-22-2003 06:49 PM

Advertisments