Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Transferring Settings to New PC

Transferring Settings to New PC

Stuart

I'm buying a new PC soon. I currently have Mozilla 1.0 but will download
the newest version on the new PC.

Is it easy (or indeed possible) to just copy over all my preferences
(passwords, settings, block-server list, E-mail etc) over to Mozilla 1.4
on the other PC?

If so which are the files I should take with me?

Kai de Leeuw

Stuart wrote:
> I'm buying a new PC soon. I currently have Mozilla 1.0 but will download
> the newest version on the new PC.
>
> Is it easy (or indeed possible) to just copy over all my preferences
> (passwords, settings, block-server list, E-mail etc) over to Mozilla 1.4
> on the other PC?
>
> If so which are the files I should take with me?

C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User Name]\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\

Stuart

Kai de Leeuw wrote:
> Stuart wrote:
>
>> I'm buying a new PC soon. I currently have Mozilla 1.0 but will
>> download the newest version on the new PC.
>>
>> Is it easy (or indeed possible) to just copy over all my preferences
>> (passwords, settings, block-server list, E-mail etc) over to Mozilla
>> 1.4 on the other PC?
>>
>> If so which are the files I should take with me?
>>

> C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User Name]\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Profiles\

These are in a very diffrent location on my machine:
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\{my user name]\g552xl7x.slt

So I just take everything from there and plonk them in the equivalent
folder on the new machine? There's nothing that will confuse the newer
version of Moz?

Hellmark

Stuart's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> These are in a very diffrent location on my machine:
> C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\{my user name]\g552xl7x.slt

Thats the one used by Win 95/98 and I believe ME

> So I just take everything from there and plonk them in the equivalent
> folder on the new machine? There's nothing that will confuse the newer
> version of Moz?

yup. make sure to get the files inside of g552x17x.slt and not that
folder itself.

--
Hellmark
-If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!