Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on OO Tumia

Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on OO Tumia

Paka Small

Hi,

You are kindly invited to check out the Instance
java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object
oriented directory Tumia:
http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en...%28%29_p1.html
- Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper
toolbar:
- click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass()
links or
- use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or
- use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or
- use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance.

Kind regards, Paka Small

Daniel Pitts

On 1/25/12 6:58 AM, Paka Small wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You are kindly invited to check out the Instance
> java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object
> oriented directory Tumia:

[redacted]
> - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper
> toolbar:
> - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass()
> links or
> - use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or
> - use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or
> - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance.
>
> Kind regards, Paka Small

What kind of spamming is this? Those aren't instances, they are called
methods. This website seems to be fairly useless and somewhat dangerous.

Jeff Higgins

> What kind of spamming is this?
The kind sifted by my news server's filters.
I wonder why they missed HOT ACTRESS...

Paka Small

Hi Daniel,

Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs...ct/Method.html
.. I suggest you get updated with OO programming and Java. Its called
Java reflection. I find it strange that in a programming group you put
out with such vigour your statement that is totally incorrect. My
statement (a method is also a class which has method instances) is
proven by the Oracle Java link above and backed up with 20 years of
professional software development experience. What are the references
for your statement?

The above being said it is totally a good idea and in line with Java
itself (or any other OO programming language) to classify in the OO
Tumia framework a particular Java method like
java.lang.Object.getClass() as an instance of the Tumia class "Java
Method". Another Tumia Class could be for example "Dotnet Method". Do
you GRASP it?

Kind regards,

Paka

On 25 jan, 20:23, Daniel Pitts <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 1/25/12 6:58 AM, Paka Small wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> > You are kindly invited to check out the Instance
> > java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object
> > oriented directory Tumia:

> [redacted]
> > - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper
> > toolbar:
> > - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass()
> > links or
> > - use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or
> > - use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or
> > - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance.

> > Kind regards, Paka Small

> What kind of spamming is this? *Those aren't instances, they are called
> methods. This website seems to be fairly useless and somewhat dangerous.

Paka Small

Hi Daniel,

Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs...ct/Method.html
.. I suggest you get updated with OO programming and Java. Its called
Java reflection. I find it strange that in a JAVA programming group
you put out with such vigour your statement ("Those aren't instances,
they are called methods.") that is totally incorrect. My statement (a

wrote:
> On 1/25/12 6:58 AM, Paka Small wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> > You are kindly invited to check out the Instance
> > java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object
> > oriented directoryTumia:

> [redacted]
> > - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper
> > toolbar:
> > - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass()
> > links or
> > - use theTumiaInstance combobox to select another Instance or
> > - use theTumiaClass combobox to select another Class or
> > - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance.

> > Kind regards, Paka Small

> What kind of spamming is this? *Those aren't instances, they are called
> methods. This website seems to be fairly useless and somewhat dangerous.

Lew

Paka Small wrote:
> Hi Daniel,

Please do not top-post. Post inline.

> Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs...ct/Method.html

That is not correct. A method is not a class. The class 'Method' is a class,
but it is not a method.

> . I suggest you get updated with OO programming and Java. Its [sic] called

I suggest you be less snarky, especially when you are wrong.

> Java reflection. I find it strange that in a JAVA [sic] programming group

I find it strange that you cop such a strong attitude when you're wrong, and
cannot even spell "Java" correctly.

> you put out with such vigour your statement ("Those aren't instances,
> they are called methods.") that is totally incorrect. My statement (a

No, he was totally correct.

> method is also a class which has method instances) is proven by the
> Oracle Java link above and backed up with 20 years of professional

No, it is not. A method is not a class. The 'Method' class is a class, but it
is not a method.

> software development experience. What are the references for your
> statement?

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/t...tml/j3TOC.html

Your "20 years of professional software development experience" has, sadly,
left you with much arrogance and zero knowledge.

In Java, as you will see from reading the Java Language Specification linked
above, which is the normative reference for the language definition, methods
and classes are not the same.

> The above being said it is totally a good idea and in line with Java
> itself (or any other OO programming language) to classify in the OO
> Tumia framework a particular Java method like
> java.lang.Object.getClass() as an instance of the Tumia class "Java
> Method". Another Tumia Class could be for example "Dotnet Method". Do
> you GRASP it?

What is a "Tumia Class [sic]"? I don't see anything good about the idea you
propose.

> On 25 jan, 20:23, Daniel Pitts <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > On 1/25/12 6:58 AM, Paka Small wrote:
> > > You are kindly invited to check out the Instance
> > > java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object
> > > oriented directoryTumia:

> > [redacted]
> > > - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper
> > > toolbar:
> > > - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass()
> > > links or
> > > - use theTumiaInstance combobox to select another Instance or
> > > - use theTumiaClass combobox to select another Class or
> > > - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance.

> > What kind of spamming is this? *Those aren't instances, they are called
> > methods. This website seems to be fairly useless and somewhat dangerous..

+1, Daniel

--
Lew

Paka Small

On 5 feb, 08:08, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Paka Small wrote:
> > Hi Daniel,

> Please do not top-post. Post inline.
>
> > Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
> >http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs...ct/Method.html

> That is not correct. *A method is not a class. *The class 'Method' isa class,
> but it is not a method.

Please lets retake Daniels statement "Those aren't instances, they are
called methods." (lets call this statement A). From
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs...ct/Method.html
one gets that a method (for example getClass()) in Java is an instance
of the class Method. Lets call the latter B. A and B clearly are
contradictions. Therefore since Java is true about itself (and I can
testify Java reflection exists since I wrote code using method
instances) the statement of Daniel is false.

Kind regards, Paka

> > . I suggest you get updated with OO programming and Java. Its [sic] called

> I suggest you be less snarky, especially when you are wrong.
>
> > Java reflection. I find it strange that in a JAVA [sic] programming group

> I find it strange that you cop such a strong attitude when you're wrong, and
> cannot even spell "Java" correctly.
>
> > you put out with such vigour your statement ("Those aren't instances,
> > they are called methods.") that is totally incorrect. My statement (a

> No, he was totally correct.
>
> > method is also a class which has method instances) is proven by the
> > Oracle Java link above and backed up with 20 years of professional

> No, it is not. *A method is not a class. *The 'Method' class is a class, but it
> is not a method.
>
> > software development experience. What are the references for your
> > statement?

> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/t...tml/j3TOC.html

Please can you pinpoint where in this document is written that a Java
method is not an instance of the class Method. If you believe I will
try find to find a statement in a large document while as far as I
know that statement is simply not there you must be kidding. Please
prove your point and pinpoint the statement.

> Your "20 years of professional software development experience" has, sadly,
> left you with much arrogance and zero knowledge.
>
> In Java, as you will see from reading the Java Language Specification linked
> above, which is the normative reference for the language definition, methods
> and classes are not the same.
>
> > The above being said it is totally a good idea and in line with Java
> > itself (or any other OO programming language) to classify in the OO
> > Tumia framework a particular Java method like
> > java.lang.Object.getClass() as an instance of the Tumia class "Java
> > Method". Another Tumia Class could be for example "Dotnet Method". Do
> > you GRASP it?

> What is a "Tumia Class [sic]"? *I don't see anything good about the idea you
> propose.
>

> > On 25 jan, 20:23, Daniel Pitts <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> > > [redacted]
> > > What kind of spamming is this? *Those aren't instances, they are called
> > > methods. This website seems to be fairly useless and somewhat dangerous.

> +1, Daniel
>
> --
> Lew

Lew

Would you please stop top-posting? Please? This is a second request.

Respond in line.

Paka Small wrote:
> Lew wrote:
> > Paka Small wrote:
> > > Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
> > >http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs...ct/Method.html

> > That is not correct. *A method is not a class. *The class 'Method' is a class,
> > but it is not a method.

> Please lets retake Daniels statement "Those aren't instances, they are
> called methods." (lets call this statement A). From

Statement A, as you call it, was an objection to your blatant misrepresentation
that methods are classes, and a fair one.

> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs...ct/Method.html
> one gets that a method (for example getClass()) in Java is an instance
> of the class Method. Lets call the latter B. A and B clearly are

No, one does not. Nowhere does it state that. 'Method' is a class used to _describe_ methods; it is not itself a method. A method is _described_ by the type 'Method'; it is not itself a type.

> contradictions. Therefore since Java is true about itself (and I can

There's nothing contradictory because your statement B is flat-out wrong.

"Java is true about itself" is a meaningless phrase - Java is defined by the
Java Language Specification, which apparently you do not choose to read.

> testify Java reflection exists since I wrote code using method
> instances) the statement of Daniel is false.

Wrong. You used 'Method' instances, not "method instances", which _described_
but were not themselves methods. Daniel's statement was correct; yours are not.

I refer you again to the language specification, which you have apparently
disregarded.
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/t...tml/j3TOC.html

> > > . I suggest you get updated with OO programming and Java. Its [sic] called

> > I suggest you be less snarky, especially when you are wrong.
> >
> > > Java reflection. I find it strange that in a JAVA [sic] programming group

> > I find it strange that you cop such a strong attitude when you're wrong, and
> > cannot even spell "Java" correctly.
> >
> > > you put out with such vigour your statement ("Those aren't instances,
> > > they are called methods.") that is totally incorrect. My statement (a

> > No, he was totally correct.
> >
> > > method is also a class which has method instances) is proven by the
> > > Oracle Java link above and backed up with 20 years of professional

> > No, it is not. *A method is not a class. *The 'Method' class is a class, but it
> > is not a method.
> >
> > > software development experience. What are the references for your
> > > statement?

> > http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/t...tml/j3TOC.html

> Please can you pinpoint where in this document is written that a Java
> method is not an instance of the class Method. If you believe I will
> try find to find a statement in a large document while as far as I
> know that statement is simply not there you must be kidding. Please
> prove your point and pinpoint the statement.
>

> > Your "20 years of professional software development experience" has, sadly,
> > left you with much arrogance and zero knowledge.
> >
> > In Java, as you will see from reading the Java Language Specification linked
> > above, which is the normative reference for the language definition, methods
> > and classes are not the same.
> >
> > > The above being said it is totally a good idea and in line with Java
> > > itself (or any other OO programming language) to classify in the OO
> > > Tumia framework a particular Java method like
> > > java.lang.Object.getClass() as an instance of the Tumia class "Java
> > > Method". Another Tumia Class could be for example "Dotnet Method". Do
> > > you GRASP it?

> > What is a "Tumia Class [sic]"? *I don't see anything good about the idea you
> > propose.

> > +1, Daniel

Lew

Paka Small wrote:
> Please can you pinpoint where in this document is written that a Java
> method is not an instance of the class Method. If you believe I will
> try find to find a statement in a large document while as far as I
> know that statement is simply not there you must be kidding. Please
> prove your point and pinpoint the statement.

You must be kidding if you cannot follow a table of contents in a document with
which, as a self-professed Java "expert" you had better darned well already be
familiar, to the definitions of classes and methods, whose locations are
clearly indicated and linked from that table of contents.

The burden of proof is on you not us to show where it states anywhere that a
method is an instance of the class 'Method' (good luck - it doesn't). I've
shown you where the answer lies, in a document that you'd better use if you
want to make any point about the nature of Java.

Ignorance is excusable. Willful ignorance such as yours is not. Read the
material. If you think your statements can hold any merit without reference to
the reference, you're the one who's delusional.

--
Lew

Paka Small

On 5 feb, 20:45, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Would you please stop top-posting? Please? This is a second request.
>
> Respond in line.
>
> Paka Small wrote:

> > > That is not correct. *A method is not a class. *The class 'Method' is a class,
> > > but it is not a method.

> > Please lets retake Daniels statement "Those aren't instances, they are
> > called methods." (lets call this statement A). From

> Statement A, as you call it, was an objection to your blatant misrepresentation
> that methods are classes, and a fair one.
>
> >http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs...ct/Method.html
> > one gets that a method (for example getClass()) in Java is an instance
> > of the class Method. Lets call the latter B. A and B clearly are

> No, one does not. Nowhere does it state that. 'Method' is a class used to_describe_ methods; it is not itself a method. A method is _described_ by the type 'Method'; it is not itself a type.
>
> > contradictions. Therefore since Java is true about itself (and I can

> There's nothing contradictory because your statement B is flat-out wrong.
>
> "Java is true about itself" is a meaningless phrase - Java is defined by the
> Java Language Specification, which apparently you do not choose to read.
>
> > testify Java reflection exists since I wrote code using method
> > instances) the statement of Daniel is false.

> Wrong. You used 'Method' instances, not "method instances", which _described_
> but were not themselves methods. Daniel's statement was correct; yours are not.
>
> I refer you again to the language specification, which you have apparently
> disregarded.http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/t...tml/j3TOC.html

> > > I suggest you be less snarky, especially when you are wrong.

> > > I find it strange that you cop such a strong attitude when you're wrong, and
> > > cannot even spell "Java" correctly.

> > > No, he was totally correct.

> > > No, it is not. *A method is not a class. *The 'Method' class is aclass, but it
> > > is not a method.

> > >http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/t...tml/j3TOC.html

> > Please can you pinpoint where in this document is written that a Java
> > method is not an instance of the class Method. If you believe I will
> > try find to find a statement in a large document while as far as I
> > know that statement is simply not there you must be kidding. Please
> > prove your point and pinpoint the statement.

> > > Your "20 years of professional software development experience" has, sadly,
> > > left you with much arrogance and zero knowledge.

> > > In Java, as you will see from reading the Java Language Specificationlinked
> > > above, which is the normative reference for the language definition, methods
> > > and classes are not the same.

> > > What is a "Tumia Class [sic]"? *I don't see anything good about theidea you
> > > propose.

> > > +1, Daniel

Dear Lew,

You write "> Statement A, as you call it, was an objection to your
blatant misrepresentation
> that methods are classes, and a fair one.". Nowhere and never I have stated that methods are classes. Please have the decency not to put words in mymouth!

Kind regards, Paka