Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET / Crystal Reports v9 ActiveX Viewer

ASP.NET / Crystal Reports v9 ActiveX Viewer

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

Hello,

I have developed a reporting application w/ASP.NET on IIS v5 utilizing the Crystal Reports v9 ActiveX Viewer. Another developer has produced several reports using the client version of Crystal Reports v9, and we are using this application as a means of publishing these reports to internal web users via the ActiveX viewer provided with Crystal.

I am able to successfully run these reports in IE against localhost on the development machine. When I have another user attempt to access these reports from another machine (w/my development machine as the web server) for testing, she receives an 'Invalid TLV Record' error on the following line when attempting to open the report:

Session("oRpt") = Session("oApp").OpenReport(ReportPathAndFilename, 1)

This error is from System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException. The 'oApp' is a COM object, instantiated earlier in the code as follows:

Session("oApp") = Server.CreateObject("CrystalRuntime.Application.9" )

When I log in to any remote machine using my own network login, I have trouble loading the reports as well. I receive an 'Attempted to divide by zero' error from System.DivideByZeroException on the same line.

The development server is Windows 2000 Pro; .NET Framework v1.1.4322.573, ASP.NET v1.1.4322.573. Client machines are Win2k Pro, WinXP, and NT 4.0. The application was developed using Visual Studio 2003 w/VB.NET.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Thanks,
James

[MSFT]

Hi James,

From your code, it is hrad to tell what happened with the Crystal Report
component. I suggest you may contact their technical support. They may have
more experience on such a problem than ASP guys. Here is their support web
site.

http://support.businessobjects.com/

Luke
Microsoft Online Support