Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > FTP using WebRequest

FTP using WebRequest

All Smiles

I'm trying to use WebRequest to FTP from my local machine to a remote
server, but I continually get a 550 response from the server. I can create
the file, but cannot write to it or delete it - there seems to be a hanging
process running that eventually times out. Has anyone run into a similar
problem?

Thanks.

All Smiles

I'm convinved this is a permission based issue on the web server, just not
sure if it's the /temp directory that needs r/w permission by the default
WWW user or the .NET process user or some other process.

"All Smiles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%234$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to use WebRequest to FTP from my local machine to a remote
> server, but I continually get a 550 response from the server. I can create
> the file, but cannot write to it or delete it - there seems to be a

hanging
> process running that eventually times out. Has anyone run into a similar
> problem?
>
> Thanks.

Joerg Jooss

All Smiles wrote:
> I'm trying to use WebRequest to FTP from my local machine to a remote
> server, but I continually get a 550 response from the server. I can
> create the file, but cannot write to it or delete it - there seems to
> be a hanging process running that eventually times out. Has anyone
> run into a similar problem?

There's no FTP support in .NET 1.1. What are you *really* doing? HTTP PUT?
Using a third-party class?

Cheers,

--
Joerg Jooss

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

I assume you are using some implementation of WebRequest...

here you find the ftp server response codes:
http://www.the-eggman.com/seminars/ftp_error_codes.html

550 - Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no
access).

--
Hope this helps,
Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD