(Ncurses is a library for character-cell based terminal manipulation.)
* Bugfix: Calls into the ncurses library prior to calling
Ncurses::initscr or Ncurses::newterm had previously crashed
the Ruby interpreter.
Fixed by delaying the binding of most Ncurses functions
until after Ncurses::initscr or Ncurses::newterm have been
* Replaced module functions with singleton functions. This
is no longer possible. Instead, use
Reasons: - Consistency. That shortcut had never worked for
all implemented ncurses functions.
- Namespace pollution. Some ncurses functions have
too common names.
* Windows binary built with PDCurses-2.6
* reintroduced Ncurses:echochar and Ncurses::redrawwin in the ncurses
These had been removed by mistake because they did not work with
* Windows binary built for ruby-1.8. Works with both, Mingw or
Pragprog ruby interpreters.
(e-mail address is anti-spammed, remove invalid parts)