Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > newbie question on "Type Safety"

newbie question on "Type Safety"

Raymond Du

Hi,

I came across the term "Type Safety" more than 20 times already while
reading .Net documents, do not really know what it means.

I know Type is the combination of class, interface, enum, struct,..... But
"Type Safety", safe from what? Or do I completely misunderstand the term?

TIA

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

Maybe you misunderstood type safety as data type-verification...

not sure, but if that is related to core .net functionality, then you
should check type safety features in .NET framework.

please read this documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...tysecurity.asp

--
Hope this helps,