Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > sending messages from the server over the network to another machine

sending messages from the server over the network to another machine

Paul Wilson

Guys,

I would like a notification module for my simple ASP application.
What i want to do is simple & as follows,

1). When the user adds some data into the system (VB.Net on the server side
of my ASP.Net application will handl this processing), then i want to send a
notification over the network to a particular computer (PC).

Basically what i need is to be able to send a message across the network
using VB.net.

Best Regards,

Thilaka

Tim.Guo

why not try send mail?

"Paul Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入消息新闻
:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Guys,
>
> I would like a notification module for my simple ASP application.
> What i want to do is simple & as follows,
>
> 1). When the user adds some data into the system (VB.Net on the server

side
> of my ASP.Net application will handl this processing), then i want to send

> notification over the network to a particular computer (PC).
>
> Basically what i need is to be able to send a message across the network
> using VB.net.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Thilaka

Patrice

What kind of message do you want to send ? Instant messaging, mail ?

Patrice

--

"Paul Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> a 閏rit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Guys,
>
> I would like a notification module for my simple ASP application.
> What i want to do is simple & as follows,
>
> 1). When the user adds some data into the system (VB.Net on the server

side
> of my ASP.Net application will handl this processing), then i want to send

> notification over the network to a particular computer (PC).
>
> Basically what i need is to be able to send a message across the network
> using VB.net.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Thilaka

Paul Wilson

Instant Messaging.

(done in win 2000 & above using "NET SEND" in the comman prompt & WinPopUp
in Win9

"Patrice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What kind of message do you want to send ? Instant messaging, mail ?
>
> Patrice
>
> --
>
> "Paul Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> a 閏rit dans le message de
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Guys,
> >
> > I would like a notification module for my simple ASP application.
> > What i want to do is simple & as follows,
> >
> > 1). When the user adds some data into the system (VB.Net on the server

> side
> > of my ASP.Net application will handl this processing), then i want to

send
> > notification over the network to a particular computer (PC).
> >
> > Basically what i need is to be able to send a message across the network
> > using VB.net.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Thilaka

Paul Wilson

For this i need an SMTP server & all of that nonesense...
I dont want it to be too complicated (as this application is for
internal-office use only)
(not a professional application for clients).

Thanx a lot for the suggestion though.

"Tim.Guo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> why not try send mail?
>
> "Paul Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入消息新闻
> :(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Guys,
> >
> > I would like a notification module for my simple ASP application.
> > What i want to do is simple & as follows,
> >
> > 1). When the user adds some data into the system (VB.Net on the server

> side
> > of my ASP.Net application will handl this processing), then i want to

send
> > notification over the network to a particular computer (PC).
> >
> > Basically what i need is to be able to send a message across the network
> > using VB.net.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Thilaka

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

please use:

Process.Start("d:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE", "/c net send <computername> " &
"new info added" )

you might have to replace path to cmd.exe and <computername> with computer
name you wish message to be sent at.

--
Hope this helps,
Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD

"Paul Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Instant Messaging.
>
> (done in win 2000 & above using "NET SEND" in the comman prompt & WinPopUp
> in Win9
>
> "Patrice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What kind of message do you want to send ? Instant messaging, mail ?
> >
> > Patrice
> >
> > --
> >
> > "Paul Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> a 閏rit dans le message de
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Guys,
> > >
> > > I would like a notification module for my simple ASP application.
> > > What i want to do is simple & as follows,
> > >
> > > 1). When the user adds some data into the system (VB.Net on the server

> > side
> > > of my ASP.Net application will handl this processing), then i want to

> send
> > > notification over the network to a particular computer (PC).
> > >
> > > Basically what i need is to be able to send a message across the

network
> > > using VB.net.
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > >
> > > Thilaka

Paul Wilson

excellent.
Just what i was looking for.

"M. Zeeshan Mustafa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> please use:
>
> Process.Start("d:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE", "/c net send <computername> " &
> "new info added" )
>
> you might have to replace path to cmd.exe and <computername> with computer
> name you wish message to be sent at.
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
> Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD
>

> "Paul Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Instant Messaging.
> >
> > (done in win 2000 & above using "NET SEND" in the comman prompt &

WinPopUp
> > in Win9
> >
> > "Patrice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > What kind of message do you want to send ? Instant messaging, mail ?
> > >
> > > Patrice
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > "Paul Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> a 閏rit dans le message de
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

server
> > > side

> > send