Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > HTTP Sniffer extension

HTTP Sniffer extension

Alain Viguier

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a tool used to size the HTML pages sent
by an http server to a browser, aka HTTP sniffer. I found
some of them on the net but none is meeting my requirements.

So, I found it was possible to develop its own Mozilla/Firebird
extensions, and such a plugin should be a good candidate in doing
the job. Ideally, I'd like Mozilla+extension behave like that:

- type an URL in the URL bar and load the page
- when loading is complete, display overall page size
display a grid for each indivual page component like graphics,
JavaScript, ...
- in case of HTTP compression, display beforehand page size and compression
ratio, as well as page size after decompression
- ...

It should be easy to do this using an extension (or a plug-in).

I've searched in the extension list but none seems to do that. So,
where is the extension documentation and how to begin?

Thanks for your help.

Alain
--
Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/

ISO simple debugging sniffer for HTTP showellshowell@gmail.com Python 0 09-16-2008 03:58 AM
sniffer traces Taishi Cisco 3 10-15-2003 06:30 AM
Network Sniffer on a Cisco 4000 spikestik Cisco 1 07-14-2003 07:28 PM
Sniffer on 3550 Sam Soh Cisco 1 06-23-2003 07:21 AM

Advertisments