Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Forcing PostBack programmitically

Forcing PostBack programmitically

=?Utf-8?B?VGFicmV6?=

Hi,
I'm doing an online examination page. After the alloted time of the exam the page should be posted back. I've used System.Timers namespace for timekeeping. Please help me post back the form in 'Elapsed event' of the timer object. I m using a combi. of ASP.net with VB.net

=?Utf-8?B?YW5nc3JhbQ==?=

Instead of Using System.Timers, you can use the Refresh Meta Tag in the html header and make it refresh automatically after n number of seconds redirecting it back to the specified URL.

"Tabrez" wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm doing an online examination page. After the alloted time of the exam the page should be posted back. I've used System.Timers namespace for timekeeping. Please help me post back the form in 'Elapsed event' of the timer object. I m using a combi. of ASP.net with VB.net

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

that timer approach will not work because when the timer goes off, the page
is typically not on the server but on the client. the situation can be
remedied by moving the timer to the global object but then things get very
hairy since the global object does not have an instance of your executing
page. Your best solution is as suggested previously, use a meta refresh tag
set to the appropriate time limit.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney