Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > rubygarden.org FAQ broken

rubygarden.org FAQ broken

Eric Schwartz

I sent this mail to <(E-Mail Removed)>, but apparently that
alias doesn't point to anyone, despite being on the rubygarden.org
front page. Lacking any better ideas, I'm posting the feedback here,
in hopes that somebody can forward it on to the rubygarden.org
webmaster(s).

When I go to the FAQ <URL:http://www.rubygarden.org/iowa/faqtotum>, no
matter what I do, I get a notice:

That session no longer exists.

You are being forwarded to a new session.

This happens every time-- I can't seem to actually look at any FAQs!

Also, it would be most handy if there were links back to the main
rubygarden.org pages from the FAQ.

-=Eric
-- Blair Houghton.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Saluton!

* Eric Schwartz; 2003-07-08, 23:58 UTC:
> When I go to the FAQ <URL:http://www.rubygarden.org/iowa/faqtotum>, no
> matter what I do, I get a notice:
>
> That session no longer exists.
>
> You are being forwarded to a new session.

Please provide relevant information.

Web browser?
Proxy server?
ISP?

No, the third one is not a joke. German 'freenet' does use SQUID to
reduce traffic costs.

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
Someone even submitted a fingerprint for Debian Linux running on the
Microsoft Xbox. You have to love that irony .

Rasputin

* Josef 'Jupp' Schugt <(E-Mail Removed)> [0714 01:14]:
> Saluton!
>
> * Eric Schwartz; 2003-07-08, 23:58 UTC:
> > When I go to the FAQ <URL:http://www.rubygarden.org/iowa/faqtotum>, no
> > matter what I do, I get a notice:
> >
> > That session no longer exists.
> >
> > You are being forwarded to a new session.
> >

> Please provide relevant information.
>
> Web browser?
> Proxy server?
> ISP?
>
> No, the third one is not a joke. German 'freenet' does use SQUID to
> reduce traffic costs.

So do I, and it seems to work for me.
How is the sessionid stored for each client? Maybe the OP
has disabled cookies?

--
If only one could get that wonderful feeling of accomplishment without
having to accomplish anything.

Eric Schwartz

Rasputin <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> * Josef 'Jupp' Schugt <(E-Mail Removed)> [0714 01:14]:
> > Web browser?

Mozilla Firebird 0.6, in Debian/unstable.

> > Proxy server?

Don't know.

> > ISP?

My work.

> How is the sessionid stored for each client? Maybe the OP
> has disabled cookies?

Cookies are enabled; they are deleted when the browser exits, but
while it's running, should be fine.

-=Eric
-- Blair Houghton.

Why are "broken iterators" broken? Steven D'Aprano Python 8 09-28-2008 09:19 PM
Re: Why are "broken iterators" broken? Fredrik Lundh Python 0 09-22-2008 04:32 PM
Re: Why are "broken iterators" broken? Cameron Simpson Python 0 09-22-2008 04:32 AM
FAQ broken.... David A. Black Ruby 2 01-28-2005 06:34 PM
Java Programmers FAQ Link broken? John Muir Java 6 05-28-2004 02:05 AM

Advertisments