Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: How to make a web page on CD or DVD?

Re: How to make a web page on CD or DVD?

idle

http://www.wizbit.net/business_card_...torun_file.htm

--
idle
None of us is as good as all of us.

Doug Miller

Mr Bean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed). au:

> On 24/01/2012 1:09 AM, idle wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:15:13 +0800, Mr Bean wrote in alt.html:
>>
>>> What I want to do - make the web page available for d/load as .iso
>>> file, burn CD and that CD would start autmatically if inserted into
>>> CD/DVD drive.
>>>
>>> If Autostart is not selected, how index.html can be executed to start
>>> the web page from CD.
>>>
>>> Link to any tutorial would be great. For some reason I can't formulated
>>> the right question and I'm getting all sorts of stuff except what I
>>> really want.
>>>

>> http://www.wizbit.net/business_card_...torun_file.htm

> I think, that Dennis misunderstood my intentions totally.

I think that you misunderstood his response totally.

> Idle... many thanks for that link. I think I can solve my problem.
> Ideally would be make index.html as a startup page for portable Firefox.
>
> And autorun Firefox.

How?

> When autorun is disabled, I think double klick on CD icon will still
> open Firefox.

I disagree. You don't seem to understand that what happens when I click on an icon on my
computer is totally under *my* control, not yours. Suppose I have the .html extension associated with
Notepad+ or some other text editor, instead of with Firefox -- do you think that my computer will
somehow launch Firefox anyway?

> And that solves my problems.

No, it doesn't.

> I have my web page available for d/load as zip file

Why?

idle

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:03:46 +0800, Mr Bean wrote in alt.html:

> On 24/01/2012 1:09 AM, idle wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:15:13 +0800, Mr Bean wrote in alt.html:
>>
>>> What I want to do - make the web page available for d/load as .iso
>>> file, burn CD and that CD would start autmatically if inserted into
>>> CD/DVD drive.
>>>
>>> If Autostart is not selected, how index.html can be executed to start
>>> the web page from CD.
>>>
>>> Link to any tutorial would be great. For some reason I can't formulated
>>> the right question and I'm getting all sorts of stuff except what I
>>> really want.
>>>

>> http://www.wizbit.net/business_card_...torun_file.htm

> I think, that Dennis misunderstood my intentions totally.
>
> Idle... many thanks for that link. I think I can solve my problem.
> Ideally would be make index.html as a startup page for portable Firefox.
>
> And autorun Firefox.
>
> When autorun is disabled, I think double klick on CD icon will still
> open Firefox.
>
> And that solves my problems.
>
> I have my web page available for d/load as zip file and people have
> problems with unzipping and running index.html.
>
> If I will make iso file and make is available for d/l plus link to let's
> say ImageBurn, that would be much easier.
>
> D/load both files, run ImageBurn.exe, open it and drop iso file on it,
> insert CD and burn it.
>
> If that will not work, I'll write:
>
> Go to your neighbor son, give him a couple of beers and he will do it
> for you. Or... give him couple lollies!
>

> Many thanks idle....

Np. Keep in mind a couple things. If your users have an issue unzipping
a file, they're sure to have more extracting an ISO
Then they've got to burn it to a cd also? Get my point.
Also, there's the default issues.
If you supply a portable Firefox, there's no guarantee what type of
system they're running. 32bit, 64bit, MAC, Linux, etc.

You may be overthinking the solution.
Your best bet may be to supply all files for download and the autorun
file and let the users default system take over. 99.999999% have a
browser already installed, and usually set to open the html files by
default.

My 2pence.

--
idle
None of us is as good as all of us.

Ray_Net

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,

> On 24/01/2012 10:01 AM, idle wrote:
>
> > Np. Keep in mind a couple things. If your users have an issue unzipping
> > a file, they're sure to have more extracting an ISO
> > Then they've got to burn it to a cd also? Get my point.
> > Also, there's the default issues.
> > If you supply a portable Firefox, there's no guarantee what type of
> > system they're running. 32bit, 64bit, MAC, Linux, etc.
> >
> > You may be overthinking the solution.
> > Your best bet may be to supply all files for download and the autorun
> > file and let the users default system take over. 99.999999% have a
> > browser already installed, and usually set to open the html files by
> > default.
> >
> > My 2pence.

> Worth more than that.
>
> I think you are absolutely right. index.html should be open by default
> browser on user side.

NO NO .... index.html when opened COULD use the default browser ...

Hot-Text

"Mr Bean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed). au...
> On 24/01/2012 1:09 AM, idle wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:15:13 +0800, Mr Bean wrote in alt.html:
>>
>>> What I want to do - make the web page available for d/load as .iso
>>> file, burn CD and that CD would start autmatically if inserted into
>>> CD/DVD drive.
>>>
>>> If Autostart is not selected, how index.html can be executed to start
>>> the web page from CD.
>>>
>>> Link to any tutorial would be great. For some reason I can't formulated
>>> the right question and I'm getting all sorts of stuff except what I
>>> really want.
>>>

>> http://www.wizbit.net/business_card_...torun_file.htm

> I think, that Dennis misunderstood my intentions totally.
>
> Idle... many thanks for that link. I think I can solve my problem.
> Ideally would be make index.html as a startup page for portable Firefox.
>
> And autorun Firefox.
>
> When autorun is disabled, I think double klick on CD icon will still
> open Firefox.
>
> And that solves my problems.
>
> I have my web page available for d/load as zip file and people have
> problems with unzipping and running index.html.
>
> If I will make iso file and make is available for d/l plus link to let's
> say ImageBurn, that would be much easier.
>
> D/load both files, run ImageBurn.exe, open it and drop iso file on it,
> insert CD and burn it.
>
> If that will not work, I'll write:
>
> Go to your neighbor son, give him a couple of beers and he will do it
> for you. Or... give him couple lollies!
>

> Many thanks idle....

It will not autorun Firefox,
if your Client do not have a FireFox...