Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > access address from object and vice versa

access address from object and vice versa

Tamer Higazi

Hi people!
I have asked myself the following thing.

How do I access the address of an object and later get the object from
that address ?!

I am heavily interisted.

thank you

Tamer

Steven D'Aprano

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 04:04:08 +0100, Tamer Higazi wrote:

> Hi people!
> I have asked myself the following thing.
>
> How do I access the address of an object and later get the object from
> that address ?!

Use another language.

By design, Python does not provide pointers. This is a good thing,
because it makes a whole class of bugs and security vulnerabilities
impossible in Python.

--
Steven