Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Probably the best deal I've seen in the mirrorless cameras

Probably the best deal I've seen in the mirrorless cameras

RichA

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.vistek.ca/store/DigitalSL...-mega-ois.aspx

You regretted not buying one at $1199, so there's one for $50 less:

BUY IT NOW!

DanP

Oly will make an even better one in 10 years and you'll be sorry for buying the OM-D .

DanP

David J Taylor

> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
> one will be along shortly.
>
> BugBear

There was a chap who used to post here just like that. I don't know
whether he ever bought a camera!

David

RichA

On Jan 23, 5:23*am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
> Rich wrote:
>
> > Can't. *The OM-D is on the horizon!

> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
> one will be along shortly.
>
> * BugBear

Hardly. I just resist buying a new one on the manufacturer's time-
frame. Do you buy a new body everytime one is superceded?

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Jan 23, 5:23*am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
>> Rich wrote:
>>
>> > Can't. *The OM-D is on the horizon!

>> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
>> one will be along shortly.
>>
>> * BugBear

>Hardly. I just resist buying a new one on the manufacturer's time-
>frame. Do you buy a new body everytime one is superceded?

Lots of people do. Plus, lots of people pre-order them, even before
they have been officially announced.

Before anyone concludes I'm being critical, I'm just as guilty as
anyone. Lat year, I pre-ordered an SLR Magic 12mm f/1.6 lens for m43
mount, and I have recently pre-ordered a Leica M10 body.

David Dyer-Bennet

bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> writes:

> Rich wrote:
>

>> Can't. The OM-D is on the horizon!

> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
> one will be along shortly.

The best time to buy a new computer is six months from now!

--
David Dyer-Bennet, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed); http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

PeterN

On 1/23/2012 2:52 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> bugbear<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> writes:
>
>> Rich wrote:
>>

>>> Can't. The OM-D is on the horizon!

>> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
>> one will be along shortly.

> The best time to buy a new computer is six months from now!

Is it six months from now, yet?

--
Peter

RichA

On Jan 23, 8:53*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
> >> one will be along shortly.

> >> * BugBear

> >Hardly. *I just resist buying a new one on the manufacturer's time-
> >frame. *Do you buy a new body everytime one is superceded?

> Lots of people do. *Plus, lots of people pre-order them, even before
> they have been officially announced.

Too many problems with new models, better to wait for other victims to
find them. Especially with serious problems like Fuji's 2/3" sensor
blooming where they can't afford a recall so will produce a crappy
patch via firmware while the owner is basically F------.

David Dyer-Bennet

PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On 1/23/2012 2:52 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>> bugbear<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> writes:

>>> Sounds like a system for never buying a camera. A better
>>> one will be along shortly.

>> The best time to buy a new computer is six months from now!

> Is it six months from now, yet?

No, not yet. Six more months.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, (E-Mail Removed); http://dd-b.net/