Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Intriguing Outlook Express newsreader problem

Intriguing Outlook Express newsreader problem

Ragnar

When I go to a newsgroup and click on a new header the message appears as
normal, but when I click on the next header I get the identical message.
This repeats so I can get a couple of dozen identical posts, all from
different users! It only happens on certain sites and no other users appear
to have noticed anything unusual.
Any thoughts?
R.

GTS-NJ

"Ragnar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YoeSq.977$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> When I go to a newsgroup and click on a new header the message appears as
> normal, but when I click on the next header I get the identical message.
> This repeats so I can get a couple of dozen identical posts, all from
> different users! It only happens on certain sites and no other users
> appear to have noticed anything unusual.
> Any thoughts?
> R.

Most likely a corrupted dbx file. Delete the newsgroup, compact, and add it
back.

Ragnar

"GTS-NJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:jfepvg$h23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Ragnar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:YoeSq.977$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> When I go to a newsgroup and click on a new header the message appears as
>> normal, but when I click on the next header I get the identical message.
>> This repeats so I can get a couple of dozen identical posts, all from
>> different users! It only happens on certain sites and no other users
>> appear to have noticed anything unusual.
>> Any thoughts?
>> R.
>>

> Most likely a corrupted dbx file. Delete the newsgroup, compact, and add
> it back.

Thanks for the suggestion which didn't work. However I remembered that I
have another computer so I tried that and got the same problem. It is
evidently a problem with either the newsgroup host or my internet provider
and therefore beyond my control.
R.

- Bobb -

So you can WRITE OK ( you ARE posting) but can't read ( you seem to be able
to read? )

If it is the newsgroup host .. try another
I use
"reader80.eternal-september.org"

Info here:
http://www.eternal-september.org/