Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Download Dialog Defies Description...

Download Dialog Defies Description...

David Harrison

Hi,

Just noticed an odd thing. While downloading a large file (Linux ISO via
an FTP link), I minimized the download dialog window. At the time there
were about two hours elapsed and one remaining.

When restoring the dialog, the following changed: download rate 0.0,
time remaining around 40000:12:34, time elapsed around 200000:12:34.
(Not those exact numbers, but it gives you an idea of the magnitudes!).

The time left changes far faster than the time elapsed.

The download is still running fine (636Mb out of 710Mb), at around 50K
per second. The funny numbers don't seem to have caused any problems...

Has anyone seen this, or is it a new and wonderful bug?

all the best

David H

--

"When the tough get going, I'll steal their sandwiches."

If you need to contact me direct, please remove the obvious from the
reply address