Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET host recommended

ASP.NET host recommended

John

Hi all, can someone please recommend to me a reliable American based .NET
1.1 hosting company with SQL Server 2000.

I need at least 100MB space (With room to expand), SQL server 2000 with at
least 100MB space, preferably unlimited traffic. I need to be able to
specify file permissions via the web

I have used www.webhost4life.com for the last year but would like to move
away from them.

Thanks
John

Trevor Jobling

Hi John,

> I have used www.webhost4life.com for the last year but would like to move

Can you say why you aren't happy with webhost4life please? I'm trying
to choose a host at the moment, and they looked like good value to me,
but your personal experience is worth much more than reading the
price!

Thanks,

Trevor

sctrl@hotmail.com

I want to answer this, I've been with webhost4life for almost 2 years.
For the past year they've had a lot of down time. I run the service
that must be available 24/7, and they cannot provide that. They like to
reset their SQL server every couple of days, that takes around 20
minutes. Might not be a big deal for low traffic web site, but for me
it is a deal breaker.

Trevor Jobling wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> > I have used www.webhost4life.com for the last year but would like

to move

> Can you say why you aren't happy with webhost4life please? I'm

trying
> to choose a host at the moment, and they looked like good value to

me,
> but your personal experience is worth much more than reading the
> price!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Trevor

Juan T. Llibre

I like OrcsWeb :
http://www.orcsweb.com/shared.aspx

There's a lot of them listed at
http://www.asp.net/Hosters/

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
===========
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I want to answer this, I've been with webhost4life for almost 2 years.
> For the past year they've had a lot of down time. I run the service
> that must be available 24/7, and they cannot provide that. They like to
> reset their SQL server every couple of days, that takes around 20
> minutes. Might not be a big deal for low traffic web site, but for me
> it is a deal breaker.
>
> Trevor Jobling wrote:
>> Hi John,
>>
>> > I have used www.webhost4life.com for the last year but would like

> to move
>>
>> Can you say why you aren't happy with webhost4life please? I'm

> trying
>> to choose a host at the moment, and they looked like good value to

> me,
>> but your personal experience is worth much more than reading the
>> price!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Trevor

J Smithers

This might be yet another case of "you get what you pay for"...
I got away from WebHost4life after discovering that they build their own
servers (using who-knows-what-brand parts) and run multiple services off of
the same box - so the box that runs your site also runs your SQL Server -
and is also serving lots of other sites at the same time.

ASPWebHosting.com runs a first-class service

Good Luck!