Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Download Manager file

Download Manager file

KPR

I am running 1.4, but it has happened with previous releases, also.

For the past few weeks, my computer was running progressively slower and
slower. (I mean, not just anything Mozilla-related. It was as if my
computer had arthritis or something, and it was getting worse by the
day.) I could not find any reason for this. I checked the Download
Manager, and the downloads.rdf file had grown to 1.5M. When I removed
all entries from the list, my computer was running its normal,
satisfying speed.

I have "Don't open anything" checked in Prefs, but this obviously does
not address turning off the collecting of entries entirely. What
gives? Why in the world should this slow down my computer anyway?

Ken Ruppel