Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: What the F---? What is with the price?

Re: What the F---? What is with the price?

RichA

On Jan 11, 10:41*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
wrote:
> On 2012-01-11 19:23:37 -0800, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > *http://tinyurl.com/6nlj35n

> That was the price in September 2008, so it seems to be holding its
> value at Wall St. Photo (just for the 1%).
> B&H lists it as "no longer available".
> If I were you Rich I would snap it up, as it seems destined to become a
> collector's item.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

I was actually thinking of it for the 1000fps, but for that price, I
can buy a used and dedicated scientific CCD camera for about the same
price.
I don't know if Casio makes anything else in a more reasonable price
bracket.

Richard

RichA wrote:
> On Jan 11, 10:41 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
> wrote:
>> On 2012-01-11 19:23:37 -0800, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/6nlj35n

>> That was the price in September 2008, so it seems to be holding its
>> value at Wall St. Photo (just for the 1%).
>> B&H lists it as "no longer available".
>> If I were you Rich I would snap it up, as it seems destined to
>> become a collector's item.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Savageduck

> I was actually thinking of it for the 1000fps, but for that price, I
> can buy a used and dedicated scientific CCD camera for about the same
> price.
> I don't know if Casio makes anything else in a more reasonable price
> bracket.

ZR100
$300
http://di.casio.com/features/highspeed_engine

RichA

On Jan 12, 5:54*am, "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> RichA wrote:
> > On Jan 11, 10:41 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
> > wrote:

> >> That was the price in September 2008, so it seems to be holding its
> >> value at Wall St. Photo (just for the 1%).
> >> B&H lists it as "no longer available".
> >> If I were you Rich I would snap it up, as it seems destined to
> >> become a collector's item.

> >> --
> >> Regards,

> >> Savageduck

> > I was actually thinking of it for the 1000fps, but for that price, I
> > can buy a used and dedicated scientific CCD camera for about the same
> > price.
> > I don't know if Casio makes anything else in a more reasonable price
> > bracket.

> ZR100
> $300http://di.casio.com/features/highspeed_engine

Thanks.