Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Why no lens turret accessory for the compact ILC's?

Why no lens turret accessory for the compact ILC's?

PeterN

On 1/10/2012 1:06 PM, David J Taylor wrote:
> "Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> []
>> I think David Taylor is reverting to his usual habit of justifying
>> (probably to himself) his own choice of a very mediocre consumer-grade
>> 11X zoom lens on an obsolescent consumer-grade DSLR.
>>
>> He has no experience of high quality zoom lenses, therefore they do
>> not exist.

> How about discussing the topic in hand rather than repeating your
> personal attacks? Do you see turrets catching on?

Don't expect a well thought out answer. It is easier to bluster and attack.

--
Peter

RichA

On Jan 9, 3:56*pm, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> For legacy lenses. *Just imagine, you could have a 28mm f2.0, a 50mm
> f1.4 and a 100mm f2.8 or 180mm f2.8 all on one camera. *All you'd have
> to do is turret the lens you want into position! *Just don't let the
> camera hang by the strap. *
> Before you laugh, remember old-style movie cameras with 3-5 lens
> turrets?

Crude mock-up.

You could only do it with the Pentax lenses or various old and compact
35mm lenses because the CCTV lenses do not have enough clearance of
back focus.
I might have it made-up myself

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/140864596

RichA

On Jan 11, 3:21*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:CB3232FA.7EE3B%(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> On 1/10/12 1:51 AM, in article jegql6$(E-Mail Removed), "David J
> >> Taylor"

> >> But think of the looks that you would get, LOL!

> >Well, that /someone/ would get. *Not me.
> >Rich/RichA when he makes his turret, perhaps?

> Mention of lens turrets made me think of the opening credits of the
> long-lived BBC TV "Grandstand" sports programme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUdpqLLxPM
>
> Watch for the camera that appears at 0:20, and enjoy! *

Looks like something they used to track missiles with.

RichA

On Jan 11, 3:31*pm, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, bugbear
>
> <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
> > > For legacy lenses. *Just imagine, you could have a 28mm f2.0, a 50mm
> > > f1.4 and a 100mm f2.8 or 180mm f2.8 all on one camera. *All you'd have
> > > to do is turret the lens you want into position! *Just don't let the
> > > camera hang by the strap. *
> > > Before you laugh, remember old-style movie cameras with 3-5 lens
> > > turrets?

> > Didn't Kodak make a digital with multiple lenses on a rotating
> > mount?

> someone makes a turret attachment for the iphone
>
> <http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/iphone-lens-dial/>

$250 and 2 of the three lenses hard vignette.

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Jan 11, 3:31*pm, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > Didn't Kodak make a digital with multiple lenses on a rotating
>> > mount?

>> someone makes a turret attachment for the iphone
>>
>> <http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/iphone-lens-dial/>

>$250 and 2 of the three lenses hard vignette.

"The iPhone Lens Dial boasts three optical-quality coated glass
lenses: Wide Angle, Fisheye, and Telephoto."

Wow. Not.