Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Freeview to Go.!

Freeview to Go.!

nospam

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 23:55:28 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 16:45:02 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I suppose I could be considered an old person, being eighty two. I feel
>>>more
>>>like twenty eight though.

>> Eighty two! That explains a few things. You don't look 82.

>I certainly don't act my age. But how do you know what I look like?

I sent a special message to your computer which took a picture of you
through your webcam and sent it back to me. (You had clothes on).

Geopelia

"nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 23:55:28 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Eighty two! That explains a few things. You don't look 82.

>>I certainly don't act my age. But how do you know what I look like?
>>

> I sent a special message to your computer which took a picture of you
> through your webcam and sent it back to me. (You had clothes on).

Very funny, but I don't have a webcam!

victor

On 8/01/2012 12:44 p.m., geoff wrote:
> Enkidu wrote:
>> On 07/01/12 13:01, Vaughan wrote:
>>>
>>> Look also for the eventual demise of TV3 with the rise in dominance
>>> of TVNZ alongside Sky.
>>>

>> Look for the total demise of broadcast television and watch it be
>> replaced by internet television.
>>

> .... and an increasing insular icommunity.
>
> geoff

Or a more involved community.
More freelance cameramen spying on our dodgy politicians

Geopelia

"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Geopelia wrote:
>>>
>>> I sent a special message to your computer which took a picture of you
>>> through your webcam and sent it back to me. (You had clothes on).

>> Very funny, but I don't have a webcam!

> Not that you know about !
>

> geoff

Aren't they little round things that sit on top of the monitor? I haven't
got one of those.
Somebody could have sneaked in and installed something, but how could they
do that in a Lockwood home without it being noticed?

But I looked up our place on Google and got the satellite view, even the top
of the starling box and an old bucket can be seen.
Better not sunbathe nude!

Miche

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
Vaughan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >
> > -Newsman- wrote:
> > > On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> > > TV1 and TV2 are not free. They are funded from your taxes.

> > > Sky has long since taken over the government.
> > >
> > > The crass philistinism pervading TV1 and TV2 nowadays - all of it
> > > condoned by the corporate 'Ignorance is Profit for our Foreign Mates''
> > > cockroaches that now infest the Beehive - is all the proof you need.

> > Even One is barely worth watching these days. All yank crap, cooking, and
> > 'reality'.
> >
> > geoff

> and not my reality. Many of the so-called reality programmes are
> extravagant commercials, dressed up as documentaries which are noteven
> informative or of high quality.

But they sure are cheap to make.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Enkidu

On 08/01/12 15:01, Geopelia wrote:
> "geoff"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> Very funny, but I don't have a webcam!

>> Not that you know about !

> Aren't they little round things that sit on top of the monitor? I
> haven't got one of those.

Some recent laptops, *most* recent laptops have a built in camera. But
they are teasing you, Geo.

> Somebody could have sneaked in and installed something, but how could
> they do that in a Lockwood home without it being noticed?
>
> But I looked up our place on Google and got the satellite view, even
> the top of the starling box and an old bucket can be seen. Better not
> sunbathe nude!

You would have to incredibly lucky to be caught on satellite, since they
don't pass over us very often and the pictures are not updated very often.

Cheers,

Cliff

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

Geopelia

"Enkidu" <cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
news:4f0926ef$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 08/01/12 15:01, Geopelia wrote:
>> "geoff"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> Not that you know about !

>> Aren't they little round things that sit on top of the monitor? I
>> haven't got one of those.
>>

> Some recent laptops, *most* recent laptops have a built in camera. But
> they are teasing you, Geo.

I thought it was a joke. But I didn't know about the laptops having a
camera.
I wouldn't want one of those, they have such a small keyboard.
Since a friend got one instead of her big computer, she has had all kinds of
trouble trying to send emails.
It seems a very complicated system.

>> Somebody could have sneaked in and installed something, but how could
>> they do that in a Lockwood home without it being noticed?
>>
>> But I looked up our place on Google and got the satellite view, even
>> the top of the starling box and an old bucket can be seen. Better not
>> sunbathe nude!
>>

> You would have to incredibly lucky to be caught on satellite, since they
> don't pass over us very often and the pictures are not updated very often.

> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

I had a look at Ladies Bay on the satellite picture, individual rocks and
trees showed up well, but not a nudist to be seen.
It must have been taken in winter. A coloured beach towel or even a large
sunhat would be quite big enough to see at the highest magnification.

Enkidu

On 09/01/12 01:27, Geopelia wrote:
> "Enkidu"<cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
> news:4f0926ef$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 08/01/12 15:01, Geopelia wrote:
>>> "geoff"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> Aren't they little round things that sit on top of the monitor?
>>> I haven't got one of those.
>>>

>> Some recent laptops, *most* recent laptops have a built in camera.
>> But they are teasing you, Geo.

> I thought it was a joke. But I didn't know about the laptops having
> a camera.

Yeah, I know you realised it was a joke. I was just confirming that.

> I wouldn't want one of those, they have such a small keyboard. Since
> a friend got one instead of her big computer, she has had all kinds
> of trouble trying to send emails. It seems a very complicated
> system.

They are the same in the way that they work. It may be that your friend
was used to Windows Vista and the new machine had Windows 7 or
something. Certainly a laptop should not be more complicated than a
desktop and you can attach a full sized keyboard to it and a normal
mouse. I'm not suggesting that you change, Geo, I'm just commenting on
the technology.

>>> Somebody could have sneaked in and installed something, but how
>>> could they do that in a Lockwood home without it being noticed?
>>>
>>> But I looked up our place on Google and got the satellite view,
>>> even the top of the starling box and an old bucket can be seen.
>>> Better not sunbathe nude!
>>>

>> You would have to incredibly lucky to be caught on satellite, since
>> they don't pass over us very often and the pictures are not updated
>> very often.

> I had a look at Ladies Bay on the satellite picture, individual rocks
> and trees showed up well, but not a nudist to be seen. It must
> have been taken in winter. A coloured beach towel or even a large
> sunhat would be quite big enough to see at the highest
> magnification.

Best contrast for the satellite would be early morning or early evening.
You can get clues as to the time by the shadows.

"Enkidu" <cliffp@bogus> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 09/01/12 01:27, Geopelia wrote:
>> "Enkidu"<cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
>> news:4f0926ef$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Some recent laptops, *most* recent laptops have a built in camera.
>>> But they are teasing you, Geo.

>> I thought it was a joke. But I didn't know about the laptops having
>> a camera.
>>

> Yeah, I know you realised it was a joke. I was just confirming that.
>>
>> I wouldn't want one of those, they have such a small keyboard. Since
>> a friend got one instead of her big computer, she has had all kinds
>> of trouble trying to send emails. It seems a very complicated
>> system.
>>

> They are the same in the way that they work. It may be that your friend
> was used to Windows Vista and the new machine had Windows 7 or
> something. Certainly a laptop should not be more complicated than a
> desktop and you can attach a full sized keyboard to it and a normal
> mouse. I'm not suggesting that you change, Geo, I'm just commenting on
> the technology.

There wouldn't be much advantage in having a laptop for me.
I would still have it in the same place connected to the printer. I need a
big monitor, too.
But I can see that a business man travelling around would have a use for
one.

With this computer I just type the email and press send. XP, Outlook
Express.
She had a lot of steps to follow, and "something to plug in".

>>> You would have to incredibly lucky to be caught on satellite, since
>>> they don't pass over us very often and the pictures are not updated
>>> very often.

>> I had a look at Ladies Bay on the satellite picture, individual rocks
>> and trees showed up well, but not a nudist to be seen. It must
>> have been taken in winter. A coloured beach towel or even a large
>> sunhat would be quite big enough to see at the highest
>> magnification.
>>

> Best contrast for the satellite would be early morning or early evening.
> You can get clues as to the time by the shadows.

Probably any nudists hadn't yet arrived or had gone.

> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

bubba ray

On Jan 6, 7:54*pm, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> -Newsman- wrote:
> > On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> >> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?

> > TV1 and TV2 are not free. *They are funded from your taxes.

> >> Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

> > Sky has long since taken over the government.

> > The crass philistinism pervading TV1 and TV2 nowadays - all of it
> > condoned by the corporate 'Ignorance is Profit for our Foreign Mates''
> > cockroaches that now infest the Beehive - is all the proof you need.

> Even One is barely worth watching these days. *All yank crap, cooking, and
> 'reality'.
>
> geoff

American TV is the best in the world. And if you disagree tell me what
country has produced programs better than 'The Sopranos', 'The Wire',
'Prison Break', 'House', 'Survivor', 'Fraser', 'The Simpsons' ... etc.