Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Freeview to Go.!

Freeview to Go.!

Gib Bogle

On 6/01/2012 10:34 a.m., Geopelia wrote:
> "Frank Williams"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
>> be the only county with No free TV..?
>>
>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
>>
>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
>>
>> What a sad country we live in..
>>
>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
>> cut backs..?
>>

> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
>
> Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

It's more likely that Sky will take over the government. Murdoch is
after all the most powerful man in the world.

Gordon

On 2012-01-05, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
> be the only county with No free TV..?

Freeview is a marketing name to get people to go digital. Allows fergis to
do his thing.

Now TV7, the free from ads viewing has been cut as of 30 June this year.

Yes, TV is going down to lowest common denominator.

Gordon

On 2012-01-05, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
>> be the only county with No free TV..?
>>
>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
>>
>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
>>
>> What a sad country we live in..
>>
>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
>> cut backs..?
>>

> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?

Nope, they are paid for by ads.

Gordon

On 2012-01-06, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

[Snip about possibility of no more "free' TV]

> How much would you be willing to pay per week?
> $5, $10, $20? That's $260, $520, $1040 per year!
> Think about it.

While on this matter, TV7 costs a mere $15 million a year to run, which
sounds a great deal until you do the maths.

Lets say it cost $16 million per year and there are 4 million people in NZ.
That is $4 per year per person. Now say 10% watch, that is $40/year, or
80 cents per *week*. Slightly more than the cost of sending a letter, less
than newspaper.

It is a pity that the viewers could not pay the $1 for a good programme
easily, I am sure TV7 would pay for itself. And make a profit

Gordon

On 2012-01-06, Ted <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 18:58:28 +1300, Frank Williams
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:19:06 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>>I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

>>So NZ will end up the most Backwards country in the World, to me its 90%
>>there already..

> No, no, Frank! Without the TV-induced mind rot, NZ will end up the
> most clear-thinking country in the world.

And that is going to cause some people great concern.

Gordon

On 2012-01-06, geoff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> -Newsman- wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>
>>> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?

>> TV1 and TV2 are not free. They are funded from your taxes.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

>> Sky has long since taken over the government.
>>
>> The crass philistinism pervading TV1 and TV2 nowadays - all of it
>> condoned by the corporate 'Ignorance is Profit for our Foreign Mates''
>> cockroaches that now infest the Beehive - is all the proof you need.

> Even One is barely worth watching these days. All yank crap, cooking, and
> 'reality'.

Psst, are you able to get TV7? I watch it alot and yet to have it any of the
above on it. In fact it actually has some US of A programmes which are
interesting. No ads makes them much more enjoyable to watch

victor

On 6/01/2012 10:15 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

> OZZ and Canada still have a free advert channels also in the UK but
> you need a licence that's not cheap.
>
> So NZ will be the only Commonwealth country with out one..

Hooray

victor

On 6/01/2012 7:09 p.m., Ted wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 18:58:28 +1300, Frank Williams
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:19:06 +1300, "Geopelia"<(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

>> So NZ will end up the most Backwards country in the World, to me its 90%
>> there already..

> No, no, Frank! Without the TV-induced mind rot, NZ will end up the
> most clear-thinking country in the world.

And healthy too.
Fast food chains will die.
Bunnings and Mitre 10 Mega will only be able to do flyers in letterboxes.

Geopelia

"Gib Bogle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:je67s7$luc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 6/01/2012 10:34 a.m., Geopelia wrote:
>> "Frank Williams"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
>>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
>>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
>>> be the only county with No free TV..?
>>>
>>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
>>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
>>>
>>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
>>>
>>> What a sad country we live in..
>>>
>>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
>>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
>>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
>>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
>>> cut backs..?
>>>

>> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
>>
>> Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

> It's more likely that Sky will take over the government. Murdoch is after
> all the most powerful man in the world.

If he could scrap the News of the World as he did, he could scrap Sky just
the same.

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ted.8367
@gmail.com, Ted says...

> On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 18:58:28 +1300, Frank Williams
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:19:06 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >wrote:

> >>I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

> >So NZ will end up the most Backwards country in the World, to me its 90%
> >there already..

> No, no, Frank! Without the TV-induced mind rot, NZ will end up the
> most clear-thinking country in the world.

+1

--
Duncan.