Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Freeview to Go.!

Freeview to Go.!

Frank Williams

A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
be the only county with No free TV..?

The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.

Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.

What a sad country we live in..

Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
cut backs..?

Geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
> be the only county with No free TV..?
>
> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
>
> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
>
> What a sad country we live in..
>
> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
> cut backs..?

Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?

Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

Ted

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
>> be the only county with No free TV..?
>>
>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
>>
>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
>>
>> What a sad country we live in..
>>
>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
>> cut backs..?
>>

>Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
>
>Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

I'm sure that Sky and the government could come to a mutually
satisfactory arrangement. The effect on the rest of us would be
another matter.

-Newsman-

wrote:

>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
>> be the only county with No free TV..?
>>
>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
>>
>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
>>
>> What a sad country we live in..
>>
>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
>> cut backs..?
>>

>Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?

TV1 and TV2 are not free. They are funded from your taxes.

>Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

Sky has long since taken over the government.

The crass philistinism pervading TV1 and TV2 nowadays - all of it
condoned by the corporate 'Ignorance is Profit for our Foreign Mates''
cockroaches that now infest the Beehive - is all the proof you need.

Frank Williams

wrote:

>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
>> be the only county with No free TV..?
>>
>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
>>
>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
>>
>> What a sad country we live in..
>>
>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
>> cut backs..?
>>

>Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
>
>Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

From what I was told NO FREE TV at all.

victor

On 6/01/2012 12:59 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia"<(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>> "Frank Williams"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
>>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
>>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
>>> be the only county with No free TV..?
>>>
>>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
>>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
>>>
>>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
>>>
>>> What a sad country we live in..
>>>
>>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
>>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
>>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
>>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
>>> cut backs..?
>>>

>> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
>>
>> Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.
>>

> From what I was told NO FREE TV at all.

I expect it is wrong because sky only has subscriptions from 48% of
households, and the broadcasters who own Freeview are happy with the ad
supported free to air model. Kordia who provide transmission services to
both Freeview and Sky are an SOE so the government doesn't lose either way.
Is your mate the usual local clot with an appliance shop who you quote
as the font of all wisdom ?
But good riddance anyway, less x-factor and kalgoolie cops is all good.

Geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>

>>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
>>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
>>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
>>> be the only county with No free TV..?
>>>
>>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
>>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
>>>
>>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
>>>
>>> What a sad country we live in..
>>>
>>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
>>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
>>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
>>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
>>> cut backs..?
>>>

>>Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
>>
>>Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.
>>

> From what I was told NO FREE TV at all.

As long as it doesn't cost any more than the old TV licence, and we get the
sports programs back that Sky has pinched,
people will probably be willing to pay.

But with a computer and the radio, and DVDs for hire, how long will
expensive TV programs still keep going? If many people won't pay for Sky now
(like us), won't the new pay programs meet with the same resistance?

They will have to make the programs worth the money. How many people would
bother with Coronation Street as it has deteriorated over the last few
years, if they had to pay for it?
And will people still stand for all the ad breaks and repeats?

One big question, will people be charged for the programs they watch, or for
just having a set in the home whether switched on or not? Will there be some
sort of meter?

How much would you be willing to pay per week?
$5, $10, $20? That's $260, $520, $1040 per year!
Think about it.

I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

Frank Williams

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 15:02:36 +1300, victor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 6/01/2012 12:59 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia"<(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Frank Williams"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
>>>
>>> Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.
>>>

>> From what I was told NO FREE TV at all.

>I expect it is wrong because sky only has subscriptions from 48% of
>households, and the broadcasters who own Freeview are happy with the ad
>supported free to air model. Kordia who provide transmission services to
>both Freeview and Sky are an SOE so the government doesn't lose either way.
>Is your mate the usual local clot with an appliance shop who you quote
>as the font of all wisdom ?
>But good riddance anyway, less x-factor and kalgoolie cops is all good.

And NZ will be the ONLY country with out Free TV..

Frank Williams

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:19:06 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
>>>
>>>Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.
>>>

>> From what I was told NO FREE TV at all.

>As long as it doesn't cost any more than the old TV licence, and we get the
>sports programs back that Sky has pinched,
>people will probably be willing to pay.
>
>But with a computer and the radio, and DVDs for hire, how long will
>expensive TV programs still keep going? If many people won't pay for Sky now
>(like us), won't the new pay programs meet with the same resistance?
>
>They will have to make the programs worth the money. How many people would
>bother with Coronation Street as it has deteriorated over the last few
>years, if they had to pay for it?
>And will people still stand for all the ad breaks and repeats?
>
>One big question, will people be charged for the programs they watch, or for
>just having a set in the home whether switched on or not? Will there be some
>sort of meter?
>
>How much would you be willing to pay per week?
>$5, $10, $20? That's $260, $520, $1040 per year!
>Think about it.
>
>I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

So NZ will end up the most Backwards country in the World, to me its 90%
there already..

Ted

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 18:58:28 +1300, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:19:06 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:

>>I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

>So NZ will end up the most Backwards country in the World, to me its 90%
>there already..

No, no, Frank! Without the TV-induced mind rot, NZ will end up the
most clear-thinking country in the world.