Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Samsung GX-10

Samsung GX-10

David

I'm not expert in these things but have just got one of these Samsung GX-10,
according to some Googling I have done to get answers to my question I find
it same/similar to Pentax K10D.

When I take a photo it only just flashes up on the viewing screen for a
second, my previous camera Nikon D50 showed longer, long enough for me to
decide if to delete or not. Looking in the manual I can't spot a menu to
increase this viewing time on the Samsung, is there a setting? Do you
think this camera is faulty?

Regards
David

Irwell

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 23:00:04 -0000, David wrote:

> I'm not expert in these things but have just got one of these Samsung GX-10,
> according to some Googling I have done to get answers to my question I find
> it same/similar to Pentax K10D.
>
> When I take a photo it only just flashes up on the viewing screen for a
> second, my previous camera Nikon D50 showed longer, long enough for me to
> decide if to delete or not. Looking in the manual I can't spot a menu to
> increase this viewing time on the Samsung, is there a setting? Do you
> think this camera is faulty?
>
> Regards
> David

On most cameras it is usually something like Review, or LCD Confirmation
Time.

David

On 2012-01-04 15:51:08 -0800, Irwell <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>> Samsung GX-10

I took the trouble to download the PDF manual and dug through it.
<
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...10_English.pdf

On page #166 for "Playback Menu" you will find the adjustment for the
"Quick View" "Display Time".
....and here you can select from 1, 3, or 5 seconds, or the default "off".

Thanks Savageduck and Inwell.

That download is my book which I had gone through and missed that setting,
have made it and now the 5 secs and gives enough time for me to press delete
or not.

My Nikon D50 had far less setting options and for it, and I did find an
article from Google of one persons choice of setting which they thought the
best and I had put those into the D50.

Your time much appreciated Savageduck in helping me.

Regards
David