Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: Cisco FAX Server ???

Re: Cisco FAX Server ???

Rod Dorman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Elia S. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>exist anything that installed on a cisco router, acts as a FAX server?
>
>Like a fax server with email queing?
>It receives a fax on a analog line and sends via FAX to an email address?

I'm not aware of any (and I'd be surprised if there is one) but I am
curious why you would be using a router to do this instead of a FAX
receiving app on a general purpose computer.

--
-- Rod --
rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

Rob

Elia S. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would like to do that on a router so I could be sure that it will be very
> reliable, instead than on any general PC.
>
> just my 2 cents, knowing that cisco ios is very stable on my network!

You will find this function on cheap home routers, but I doubt you will
find it on a cisco IOS router.

Rob

alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Rob (for it is he) wrote:
>
>> You will find this function on cheap home routers, but I doubt you will
>> find it on a cisco IOS router.

> I haven't seen a fax server on any router, never mind a cheap home one.

AVM Fritz!Box routers do have that.