Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > DVD drive does not recognise a blank DVD disk

DVD drive does not recognise a blank DVD disk

Andy Petro

My DVD drive will not recognize a blank DVD disk but will recognize one
that has files on it. Any suggestions Google doesn't have any .

Bville

On 12/27/2011 7:42 PM, Andy Petro wrote:
> My DVD drive will not recognize a blank DVD disk but will recognize one
> that has files on it. Any suggestions Google doesn't have any .

I think that's the way it's supposed to be. The disk has nothing on it,
so it says "please insert a disk." I think you're good to go.

MyNews_Admin

"Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jdds6h$3f0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> My DVD drive will not recognize a blank DVD disk but will recognize one
> that has files on it. Any suggestions Google doesn't have any .

Need to know the [OS]
you running on your computer,
if it windows I can help you,
if Unix,
I bet some one here can help you out!

kelly

On Dec 28, 2:42*am, "Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My DVD drive will not recognize *a blank DVD disk but will recognize *one
> that has files on it. Any suggestions *Google doesn't have any .

Yep, Andy. What Bville suggested is what I get. So I just put in a
blank (when I need it) and go.
If I want to know what's on the disk I load it and right-click and
then "open".

Andy Petro

Operating system is Win XP . PRO

"MyNews_Admin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) x...
> "Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jdds6h$3f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> My DVD drive will not recognize a blank DVD disk but will recognize one
>> that has files on it. Any suggestions Google doesn't have any .
>>

> Need to know the [OS]
> you running on your computer,
> if it windows I can help you,
> if Unix,
> I bet some one here can help you out!

- Bobb -

"Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jdds6h$3f0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> My DVD drive will not recognize a blank DVD disk but will recognize one
> that has files on it. Any suggestions Google doesn't have any .

IF it's a DVD BURNER, then it came with some software- run it.
If not a burner - then it CAN'T read it - it's blank.

Jeff Strickland

"Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jdds6h$3f0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> My DVD drive will not recognize a blank DVD disk but will recognize one
> that has files on it. Any suggestions Google doesn't have any .

My silly wild-assed guess is that at some point there was a blank disc
loaded, and a dialog box came up and asked, "What would you like to do?" and
there was a checkbox, "Always take this action." that got checked along with
the option of, "Do Nothing."

Now we are days, weeks, months, whatever, down the road and you are asking,
how come it does nothing?

Jeff Strickland

news:jes7au$f1h$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jdds6h$3f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> My DVD drive will not recognize a blank DVD disk but will recognize one
>> that has files on it. Any suggestions Google doesn't have any .
>>

> IF it's a DVD BURNER, then it came with some software- run it.
> If not a burner - then it CAN'T read it - it's blank.

Good call.