Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: A binary search algorithm that searches for an element similar tothe key

Re: A binary search algorithm that searches for an element similar tothe key

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Keith Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> blubbered:
>Once again, you have posted a response that has nothing to do with what
>you're responding to.
>
>Let me ask you something. Are you able to respond directly to
>a question? Yes or no. If you can manage that, we just might be
>able to get somewhere.

Kiks, this is not a courtroom, and you are not the District Attorney.

by the wise as foolish,
and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> I am not interested to argue with those can't contribute in this news group.

>Thank you for answering my question, even though you didn't intend to.
>
>*PLONK*

As District Attorney Thomson rests his case and retreats to his cave...

--
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is
no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.

- John Kenneth Galbraith -

Seebs

On 2011-12-29, Geoff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hallelujah. I don't know what took you so long. I hope Seebs is done
> too.

I think so. Thing is, this one's relatively good at saying things which
are vague enough that you could ALMOST think they had meaning, and were merely
confused. Eventually you realize that it's programming horoscopes.

-s
--
Copyright 2011, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Patrick Scheible

Seebs <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On 2011-12-29, Geoff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hallelujah. I don't know what took you so long. I hope Seebs is done
>> too.

> I think so. Thing is, this one's relatively good at saying things which
> are vague enough that you could ALMOST think they had meaning, and were merely
> confused. Eventually you realize that it's programming horoscopes.

Some undergrads' attempt at a program to pass the Turing Test?

-- Patrick

88888 Dihedral

Patrick Scheible於 2011年12月30日星期五UTC+8上午4時52分35 寫道:
> Seebs <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > On 2011-12-29, Geoff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Hallelujah. I don't know what took you so long. I hope Seebs is done
> >> too.

> > I think so. Thing is, this one's relatively good at saying things which
> > are vague enough that you could ALMOST think they had meaning, and weremerely
> > confused. Eventually you realize that it's programming horoscopes.

> Some undergrads' attempt at a program to pass the Turing Test?
>
> -- Patrick

A lot people don't understand BWT and the so old DNA sequencing problem.

88888 Dihedral

88888 Dihedral於 2012年1月2日星期一UTC+8下午6時45分49秒 道:
> Patrick Scheible於 2011年12月30日星期五UTC+8上午4時52分35 寫道:
> > Seebs <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> > > I think so. Thing is, this one's relatively good at saying things which
> > > are vague enough that you could ALMOST think they had meaning, and were merely
> > > confused. Eventually you realize that it's programming horoscopes.

> > Some undergrads' attempt at a program to pass the Turing Test?
> >
> > -- Patrick

> A lot people don't understand BWT and the so old DNA sequencing problem.

It is well paid to search in a set of DNA subsequences
for a statistical test.

These kinds of applications in forensics are important.