Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > website MX record on gmail / send mail from website

website MX record on gmail / send mail from website

Gustavo

Hello, we have set our website emails accounts on gmail, thats ok. but
from our website we sent automatic email responses to users, and we
have notice that mails sent to gmail account wont reach. we think that
gmail detect IP from email was sent (our website), so detecting that
email was not sent from gmail, and filter as spam. someone have the
same problem?

thanks.
Gustavo

Dave Doe

In article <bb73f206-2ff3-493e-8374-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Gustavo
says...

> Hello, we have set our website emails accounts on gmail, thats ok. but
> from our website we sent automatic email responses to users, and we
> have notice that mails sent to gmail account wont reach. we think that
> gmail detect IP from email was sent (our website), so detecting that
> email was not sent from gmail, and filter as spam. someone have the
> same problem?

This can be one of several things - but some more info would help, eg
the domain? - perhaps you'd rather not say. However... you can
certainly run into problems when you have a server (whatever, but gmail
in your case) handling your domain e-mail - and a website on another
server, also handling domain e-mail.

Ensure that your website server has DNS configured for remote e-mail
only (using their server to send outbound), and not local - otherwise,
it won't "go anywhere" - it'll just go from the website hosting server,
back to the website hosting server! This problem usually shows itself
as not being able to send e-mail to your own domain, but all others work
- for e-mails generated by the website.

Put your domain into http://www.intodns.com - and see what results you
get for MX and A, for e-mail.

Unfortunately I don't know much about gmail e-mail server setup -
perhaps someone else can help more there.

Why can't you run your own mail server? - it really can make life a lot
easier.

--
Duncan.

send mail with gmail fredd00 ASP .Net 5 08-04-2012 11:42 PM
send SMTP mail using JavaMail with gmail account jrefactors@hotmail.com Java 15 07-11-2012 02:01 PM
using GMail to send e-mail causing email Brian Rhiel Ruby 1 05-31-2010 06:59 PM
Mail component to retrieve mail from Hotmail, Yahoo, gmail..etc? John Dalberg ASP .Net 1 09-19-2005 02:56 PM
gmail blocks .rar files from non-gmail address kritaly Computer Support 3 08-18-2005 12:00 AM

Advertisments